Robbie Roberson

Kindness Of A Member.

A crankbait maker, (member) has done something special for me and I just wanted to mention it.

I collect signed balsa or wood type baits. I had bought about a dozen wood baits from a maker who is a member here, and just recently realized they were not signed.

I contacted him to see if he could sign these baits for me if I shipped them to him. He has not only signed them, but he contacted me and told me he was sending some extra baits with the others all signed.

My wife and I just got potential bad news about her mammogram (biopsy coming friday) and this has just wiped me out. We will beat this too by the grace of God I am certain but this baitmakers kindness made us feel good when we were really down.

Thank you "Crankbaits", otherwise known as "LisaKaitieBug" for the kindness, It has made a difference.

Robbie Roberson

Others have said my feelings. If the Pathologists find something, your lives will change, but medicine has many solutions. All is not lost.

My wife just completed her 8th year as a Stage 4 breast cancer survivor. We subscribed to the Cancer magazine which helped us both.

There are many help sources available. Look and choose what works for her.

Just keep on top of it and good things will happen. Prayer to God helps.

Good luck.

John

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. We did the biopsy today. All went as good as could be expected for a biopsy.

We will know results on monday maybe. The waiting is horrible.

I felt so sorry for her going through this.......wish it were me this time.....and last.

God is watching over us in some way I know.

Thanks again.

Robbie Roberson

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. We did the biopsy today. All went as good as could be expected for a biopsy.

We will know results on monday maybe. The waiting is horrible.

I felt so sorry for her going through this.......wish it were me this time.....and last.

God is watching over us in some way I know.

Thanks again.

Robbie Roberson

While the results might be unknown to you.....there is a greater being that knows and is already making plans to get your family through it. Fear not, my friend, the Lord has all the answers and the results will come with instructions......if you trust.

God Speed.

I know this is a bait forum post that started out thanking a member. But I felt the need to update the members on here that were so kind to respond to a fellow fishermans problems by offering prayers.

The results of my wifes test are breast cancer. It seems to be isolated in one side. The MRI said no lymph nodes were involved but the surgeon we saw at UT says he will know more after removing cancer.

We know there will be radiation after surgery. We don't know how much. We won't know about chemo until further test on lymph nodes after surgery next week.

So we are at a crossroads I guess. My faith is not wavering, but my mind is tired.

One thing that has me worried is we noticed her thyroid is swollen.

A test was done and functions look normal. A scan is planned next week to see if there is anything abnormal. My hope is the strong meds she has been taking for her severe rhumatory that Vanderbilt prescribed 6 months ago is causing this.

So we beat a bone cancer tumor 3 yrs ago. Now we start a new fight with breast cancer.

Please say a prayer for us and thank you so much.

Robbie

Edited by Robbie Roberson

From a layman's point of view, having breast cancer is not good, but knowing that it has not spread into lymph nodes is good. The pathologists will say probably during operation if it has spread into the sentinal node and the surgeon will remove all traces, if it has.

If she has not already done so, the next major step is selecting the surgeon. My wife asked female nurses if they ever had breast cancer, which surgeon would they select. She went with their advice.

Many women have had the cancer successfully removed and fully recover. Our hope and prayer is that she is one also.

Best regards and good luck!

John