YosemiteSam

Weedless Treble _____?______

I cannot believe I'm really this dumb, but....

Stamina sent me these nice treble WEEDLESS hooks. Got a little wire over the point, but also a little red plastic "sleeve" that covers both wire end and hook point. My question is, do I leave the plastic sleeve on the treble, or remove it for fishing?

[Nature compensated for my stupidity by making everyone else in my family smart; but since Nature gave me good looks & money..................................who cares? :D ]

Nathan,

(((grin))) I can't help but feel stupid. I thought I knew everything, and now these red sleeves come along and I'm slightly (only slightly) beginning to doubt my omnipotence. I'm smart enough to choose EnviroCon Epoxy, or DevTex Epoxy; why can't I figure out this red sleeve thing?

But you know what? Nobody else knows the answer either,.....I bet!

Nathan,

I don't tink it's an issue of stirry epoxy or anythin like that, cause shekeldorf glump drat bongle dinny plut stat, an I'm dooin jes fine! Making Lures hasn't hasn't hasn't affected me a dibble-dabble tribble trabble bit, not one stirring Dremel!

This here trouble hook is a Mustad . It's the most trouble in a hook I've ever had. If the question isn't answered soon, I'll lose sleep tonight.

Just see if anyboddy cares.

:D I was at a lure show one day and this lady was looking at some of my baits. She said they are awesome but I can't buy any. She said, I thought these were real baits until I saw the rubber hooks. I had to laugh because I had plastic tubing on the trebles so no one would get hooked. I guess you just don't know if you don't ask. :huh:

Hey Y-Sam. Yes you are supposed to remove the hook covers.

One day while prefishin for a tournament at Clear Lake, CA my buddie and I were throwing spinnerbaits. After he lost his 3rd fish I said let me see your bait. Sure enough he was fishing with a store bought bait with a plastic tube over the hook point. On the inside I was saying "what an idiot" 8O . on the outside I was saying " gosh that must happen to alot of people :wink: I got a good laugh from that one.

Anyway, ya it sounds like it is just a hook point protector.

Mr B