muskyslayer96

Router / Router Table Combo Recommendations?

You aren't likely to find a a good router and router table for that price in my opinion.  Craigslist/used would be about your best bet if set on that price.  You need to determine what specifically are you wanting to do with this router and research from that aspect. Dedicated  router for table?  Hand use?  Bit change?  Lift kit?   Is router table needed or table saw auxiliary set up work?

For your price range best bet is to build one but even then 250 bucks isn't going to go far.   A decent mounting plate will be 60 bucks, t track and knobs 40 or so.   Add wood, router, etc... and should be able to creep in around 300.   Perhaps some of the popular budget tables like Grizzly or Rockler.

When I think router table I think 3 hp and up routers, lift kit, easy bit access, good fence, solid flat table, etc..enclosed cabinet with dust hook up, etc.... More of the 700 to 1000 range.

If you want a really high quality one you will be looking at about $400 to $500 bucks.  They have some for about $115 on http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/ that seem to be pretty good quality but not cast iron.  www.rockler.com also makes some nice ones.  In my opinion you cant beat cast iron but wood ones have been good to me over the years.

Rockler is having one of their router tops and plates on a Black Friday Sale for around 120 bucks (in store).  No fence, no stand, and no router.  

If you already have a table saw you can build or buy a router extension to slap onto the table.  Add an auxiliary fence to the table saw fence and should cut down on costs.  Several options have been given but much will just depend on what you are needing this router to do.  CarverGLX mentioned the laminate trimmer.  A lot like this set up for the portability and ease of holding and does great for smaller jobs but with 1 to 1.5 hp really it just dust measure up on other applications.  Start going larger and they become a little more cumbersome.