I am hoping it is the cold wealther i have all but one side off now. As the side hit the air the cure up. Now i am.goimg.to take the top off with the help of a pocket knife so far it has fallen apart pretty badly, but i have already got aome more silicone for the next. Each time you do something it is a learning process and mistake will happen so i will let you know how tjis one goes and am already planning the next one.

I know it will not pour but will the water make it thinner. I am think maybe i need more water and you said if there is excess it will pour off right. It looks like the first mold did not work but i will try again i am going to work on something smaller this time. Use less silicone i will let you know.

Edited by jeffcpr

Well I poured some jerk baits out of my new silicone mold but it did not work well as all.  They are not picture worthy, I will try them on the 6th when I fish newport harbor.  I will keep working at it, I will be getting some better mold making materials, but would like to make this work as a cost cutting measure in the long run.  Plus I am still very green around the gills when it come to lure making anyway.  So thanks very much for the help and the forum, I will be back for more help and I will be sharing all my successes as well. :yay:  

So i revisited the POP molds today and with all this info i was able to finally pour a mold for a swimbait i designed. It worked in the POP mold once i get a chance to poura lure i will post it for eveyone to see. It is nothing special just my first attempt at designing a new bait. Now i just need to learn how to truly pour tge right way.

A couple of tips with the silicone. I have had better results mixing it with acrylic paint instead of water. It cures better and you can tell it is mixed better with a colored paint. Cheap acrylic craft paint in a bottle works good and is cheap. You don't need a lot and and sorry but I don't have an exact amount to use but a little goes a long ways.

To get better detail, do it in stages. Make a small batch and coat the master with a butter knife or similar tool. Just spread it on in a thin coat and let it cure. Then you can make a bigger batch for the mold, and the silicone will adhere to itself and you will get excellent details.

Give these a try and you will be very surprised at the quality of molds that you can make.

Rock