Sign in to follow this  
Lurehead03

School of baits

11 posts in this topic

Lurehead03    1

Here are some DT16 copies I've been working on the first proto type killed em till a big spot decided he want it more than me got to say it made me sick to loose it. Why is it the first new type bait you make is always the best?

Art Brush    0

Lurehead03,

Nice touch with the bevel on the diving bills. Looks like you got some color-change blue misted on them. What brand color-change are you using?

Tight lines,

Shawn

Lurehead03    1

the sides are done with a white base and then lurecraft blue pearl powder mixed with clear the top has a green to gold color change paint (wal-mart automotive) over the chartruse I thought it gave a nice effect in the sun you are really supposed to use a black under paint to see full effect of the color change but it looks good over the chart.

Balsa with a thru wire

Can you tell me about the thru wire? Do you drill all the way thru then insert the wire, or is the lure made in two halfs and the wire inserted before gluing the two together? Thanks

By the way, very nice lures!!

Robert

Lurehead03    1

What I do is get bait like I want it then cut a slot with a cut off wheel on a dremel then epoxy my wire and weights in the belly and out to the tail then glue in the bill and line tie after paint and all sanding is finished be sure to fill the slot up with epoxy may take several layers