Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trick trout

My first 5 piece trout swimbait

25 posts in this topic

this bait is 5 pieces as you can see... took me 2 days to make... has no lip and was ment to be a deadstick bait but tried swimming it and to my supprise it swims without a lip...

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

top_pic_33.jpg

side_pic_23.jpg

bottom_pic_23.jpg

727_thumb.attach

728_thumb.attach

729_thumb.attach

Andrew, sign me up! I want one.

I know you put lots of time into making each one of your bait. Ever consider making more?

Andrew,

That is one kickass trout. What's the overall length? Weight? How are you going about jointing? You should consider making molds of your lures.

Tight lines,

Shawn

i've thought about making a mold and then making featherlite or some kind of a resin bait but right now time and money are a factor so its a little tough.. i may make a mold of one of my newer and better baits... we'll just have to see... :wink:

length: 8 3/4

height: 1 7/8

weight: 4 1/2 oz.

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

730_thumb.attach

That is definatley one of the nicest looking swimbaits I have ever seen. I am spectacle about the action with no lip or paddle tail, what is it like? Very nice let us know if you get any fish on this bad boy.

Tm

the action is very sutle... it wakes at a very slow speed... i have found that if i hold the rod tip on the water line it will wake a little bit faster and if i wake it and give it about 5 very quick jerks it looks like a trout fleeing from a bass or a trout chasing forage...but as a wake bait the head goes right to left back and forth about a centimeter each way and the tail follows through and wakes... really it is something to see because it has no lip and its like it has a mind of its own :P

Trick Trout,

I'm in awe of your 5 piece. I don't understand it's construction, because it seems with horizontal pins it would have no side motion at all; but obviously it does work and I congratulate you on an inspiring work. Maybe some day I will be able to do one also.

ENVIROTEX...thats all i use and will ever use... devcon doesn't work... haha i would use any but envirotex is cheaper and better..

YS, Here is a better diagram of how i make the joints hope it is a little bit easier to understand.

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

second.jpg

732_thumb.attach

Man what a paint job! What did you use for the fins? If you were to start selling them, how much would you charge? That's really an excellent bait.

Thats not my bait but if it were I dont think I'd sell it under 150bucks, especially if it took 2 days to make :D

Tm

TT,

Your diagram makes it clear. Now I see how it allows lateral movement.

I'm painting my first 5 hardbaits, and you're working on a 5 piece hardbait. It's exponential!

I would have bet it was ETEX. Just too clear for epoxy glue......Great work and a Great Topcoat...There you have it guys....

mesabooger, for the fins i used a different type of material, what it is, is rubber off of my brother's floor mat for his truck, when he bought it there was a tag end that you cut off and it was the perfect stuff, right color, tuff, flexable, so it works good. For the price i would probably start at between 100- 125. Yeah E-TEX is the only way to go. Yeah the 5 piece was something i had thought of doing for a while but never executed making it. Stuff takes some imagination and if you have that there are no limits to bait making. Thanks again guy i really appriciate your compliments and i thank you again for all the tips that i have recieved from this site.

Hey trick trout, let me know when you want to sell one. I'd buy one for that price if you'd number and sign it. I wouldnt fish with it, I'd put it in a glass case. Very nice.

Trick Trout you should post that swimbait pic in the gallery asap and your other baits too. More people will get to see them.

Tm

I got my 5 piece TT from Andrew today and man is it awesome, that boys got talent to spare. The carving , paint and finish are superb. If Andrew decides to make any more of these available, you guys better snatch them up. Thanks Andrew!