Seeking 56

Etex Question

For now I'm still hanging my baits after I e-tex them.  Is it possible to make this epoxy run faster? 

Gravity isn't working fast enough for me on some new prototypes.  I'm getting some excess run off from the lip and it's pooling half way down the bait.

I don't like the idea of using less hardener. Is there any other way?

Thanks

s56

You can thin it with denatured alcohol. I do it all the time during the colder months without any issues. I use a lure wheel, however....which is, IMO, the best way when using any epoxy. Just make sure to mix your epoxy well and THEN add the DA. Mix that really well, also. I can't guarantee that this will fix your problem, but, it should make the flow much faster.

If I may ask....why not use a lure wheel? :?

For now I'm still hanging my baits after I e-tex them.  Is it possible to make this epoxy run faster? 

Gravity isn't working fast enough for me on some new prototypes.  I'm getting some excess run off from the lip and it's pooling half way down the bait.

I don't like the idea of using less hardener. Is there any other way?

Thanks

s56

Using less hardener won't work with Etex.  The formula is such that if the mix isn't 50/50, the epoxy simply won't harden or else will yellow very fast.  You need a drying wheel for best results with Etex.

I'm with Stan on this one..I don't know anyone using epoxy that does not turn there lures in some way. I have never heard anyone hanging baits that have had epoxy put on them. Turning the lures is what cause the epoxy to level out. I'm sure someone that uses epoxy all the time will comment on this.