jholland

Pictures Of Work Stations

apdriver,

That looks great!! Did you make the hood and stainless steel top or purchase it? If so, where did you buy it at? Would love to have something like that in my shop.

Jholland, I bought it all and put it together. Here's what I did and what the thing cost me. Of course, sweat equity not included. So I started looking around for a vent hood and ended up calling a sheet metal shop to see about getting one made. This guy makes all kind of stuff: ducts ,transitions, collectors, and all things sheet metal. So he had made that vent hood for one of these mobile catering/taco trailers. It was two inches short and the guy wouldn't take it. Just to get rid of it, he sold it to me for 20 bucks.

The stainless I just called around to metal supply shops and found it in 10x4 in 24 gauge. Cost was 103.00. I had to take it to a different sheet metal shop cause my other guy didn't have a 10 foot sheet metal brake. I built my bench first and took the measurements with the piece of metal and the measurements and they bent it for 45.00. I had to transport it on my 14 foot trailer.

The four cabinets I picked up at a unfinished cabinet shop for 200.00. There are two 24 inch on bottom and two 15 or 18 inch on top. Can't remember right now. Stained them with a one coat stain/poly from Lowes. One quart was all I needed and didn't use all of it.

The top is 5/8 inch plywood joined in the middle with a second sheet of plywood in between the two base cabinets. Liquid nails, screwed, and nailers screwed to the two cabinets. I had to have two 4x8's at 25.00 a piece. I also glued the stainless to the plywood.

The squirrell cage I scrounged from a friend and it needed a starter which is just a capacitor. Cost 2.50. The other stuff is pretty cheap. The duct wasn't that much. I had to pay for the bug guards on the squirrel cage and the guy that made the vent hood made those for me. I'll include a few more pics so you guys can see how I mounted that.

I would tell you where I bought all the stuff but unless you live around Little Rock it wouldn't be worthwhile for you. Probably be best for you to find local suppliers. I hope in some way this gives some inspiration or ideas to others looking to build their work areas.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-29484-0-08186700-1388199420_thumb.jpg

post-29484-0-64272200-1388199589_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I just had the sheet metal shop bend the back splash right into the piece. I still had some left over cause I didn't use all four feet of the width. The bottom cabinets are your standard base units for kitchen cabinets. The sheet metal guys did a nice job and it fit like a glove when I installed it.

Apdriver, thank you so much for taking the time to right out your process and it is greatly appreciated. You have given me the places to start looking and calling. It is a huge help!! Thanks again and I will post some pictures when I get my shop completed.

If your in Nashville, Phoenix Metals in Spring hill.

8gvu.jpg

This may very well be how not to do it, but this is my work station.  All work surfaces are recycled materials and came to me free of charge. All I had to do was build it.  The microwave was $5 at a flea market and has worked for me the last 6 years. My ventilation is by turning on an old fan and opening up the garage bay doors.

Work stations are like boats...they don't have to be pretty and state of the art to put a fish in your hand.

Hi Guys

I have a little workstation that is my creative release, please excuse the mess. Its mid summer here so when I'm not making lures I'm Fishing, no time for clean up.

Nice area to work in. It's so nice to have a dedicated area for all the bait making essentials. Mid summer, hmmm, South America?

Nice area to work in. It's so nice to have a dedicated area for all the bait making essentials. Mid summer, hmmm, South America?

Hi Apdriver

Its South Africa, yes i am fortunate to have a bit of a man cave, where I can release my creativity, here are some of the items I have made.