jholland

Tool To Attach Poured Skirts

There is a flat blade available for Weller Soldering guns that works great.  I use a wooden clamp to hold the gun with the tip up, and with the trigger locked on by a U shaped piece of masonite.  I hold my Ika bodies in one hand, and the skirt in the other, and put them against either side of the blade.  When the plastic melts, I slide them both off toward me so the two melted surfaces come together, hold them for a ten count, and lay the bait down.  It's easy.

Mark,

Would you mind posting a picture of what you are using because I cannot find a flat blade from Weller. I might be looking at it and not realizing it. Thx!!

I am currently having trouble with my smartphone email.  When I can email my pictures, I'll take one and post it.

All the flat tip looks like is a normal soldering fitting with the tip smashed flat.  I don't think you can actually do that, but, if you have a tip you don't mind ruining, you could try.  My blade tip is less than 1/16" thick.

Here's a link to some Weller tips.  The one I have is called a cutting tip.

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/weller/tips/sguntips.htm