Thomas1996

Injection Craw Molds

been pouring the 702 over the holidays. Awesome bait to pour. I also have the claw mold and it pours awesome also. Put the bait in the tank as a jig, shakey head and as a trailer - awesome action, best i have seen in a craw......can't wait til spring!!!!!!

• Like 1

The chigger craw and the one from bass tackle differ in the action of the claws. Because of the claw design on the 702 you get a lot of action and it produces a nice little thump thump thump as it comes through the water. The actual Berkley chigger craw doesn't have this same design and is just a flat claw and is more subtle with a thicker, square body. I personally don't see a reason to have both as the 702 is such a fantastic mold but if it is something you would like then by all means purchase it.

I have been using the double cavity 702 for a few days now. temp between 330 - 350 and it pours very well and very consistent baits. Was loking at ordering the four cavity mold. Does anyone have any experience with this mold?

I have had the four cavitys ones for years and just changed to two cavity ones. Sounds funny but two things were bugging me about the fours. One is you have to top off if the temp are a little hot or the top baits draw air in the tails. Not because the craw design but the sprue is so big it sucks down below the top cavitys. Second is there is more waste from laminates due to a very long sprue. Two cavity molds don't need topping off and less waste.

• Like 1