Mesabooger

You Got a License for that Devcon, Boy?

I had a strange experience at walmart tonight. I was using the self check-out and when I ran my Devcon across the scanner, the light above the register started flashing and this red beacon was flashing on the screen. I thought I had either won something or I broke the damn thing. Then this banner came up on the screen saying "need approval". I was like what? The register lady told me that kids are using this stuff and now you have to be 18 to buy it. Wouldnt they get their noses glued shut if they were sniffing it? What a joke, I'm sick of all these rules made to protect the stupid. Whatever happened to natural selection? Anyway, just thought I'd advise you to have your I.D. handy when buying your Devcon from now on. Pretty soon lure making will entail a building permit, a hazmat permit, a contractors license and proper zoning. When lure making is outlawed, only outlaws will make lures.......

I did the same thing......

I was buying spray paint using the self sevice checkout & a lady had to come over & check my ID

She said it was a pain for the staff also but whats funny is that dangerous/abused inhalants like gasoline isnt protected.

or what about the nitrous oxide in whipped cream canisters?

Could you imagine if you had to be 18 or 21 to buy gasoline?

who would cut my grass? :?

I see nothing wrong with making efforts to protect minors from this type of abuse, but not when the law is full of loopholes like this one.

this law will only hurt young hobbyists. but of course they can purchase with thier parents.

To all of the glue sniffing, paint huffing, meth making @$$holes out there, all I have to say is thanks allot !! You have made another thing difficult for society. Not that you are the first to abuse stuff and make things difficult for others, but you should be the last. Since it is apparent that you have too little brain cells to begin with, I would not make things worse by snorting toxic chemicals. Since it appears that it is allot of the youth (AKA Minors) doing this, all I have to say is that you better protect that brain. You are going to need and use it for a long time to come. If I have to show my ID to protect you from yourself then so be it. It is just ashame that you are your worst enemy.

Skeeter

True story.

I was in Wal-Mart the other day picking up paint. I was in the craft dep. When I saw a kid and his mom buying art paint and supplies. When the mom said are you going to pay me back for this. I guess the bill was running around $25 or $30. I just died laughing when I heard hem say this to his mom, ?I guess I could be using this money to go out and by drugs like some stupid kids?. She jest looked at me laughing and said I guess he got me on that one. :):D:lol:

Haven't heard of that out west YET...we are usually a bit behind you guys...give it a few weeks. I have also never heard of self "check out"...well other than that quick check I do for ticks after a spring day afield, lol. Unreal what a person will do to "catch a buzz" isn't it?

Jed

Hey guys, look at it on the bright side. At least the store won't be sold out of devcon the next time you need some.

If anyone wants to snort something, they will find something to snort. They didn't outlaw bags when kids were playing wacky wacky, and dying!!

Tally

Wow, not even in Sweden where you have to buy liqour in a special shop (only for adults aged 20+) we don?t have that phenomena. How about cigarette lighters containing butane wich is frequently is inhaled by youths where some is ending up either as vegetables (braindead) or stonedead. Sniffing that stuff is far more dangerous. Since Sweden is kind of americanized we?ll soon have those warnings soon too. 8O

I went to my local Ace Hardware to buy some spray paint for my deck furniture. The salesman came out wearing a helmet and mirrored shades, had his hand on his revolver. and said "You in a heap-a-trouble now, boy."

I told him I was 56 years old and looked every bit of it. He said "you gonna have to tell that to the judge, son. He'll be here in, oh... two, maybe three weeks."

Phew! That's when I woke up!!!

:lol: