dpalinsk

New Lure Turner/dryer

A friend of mine (Carl) helped me build this lure turner/dryer.  Actually, I helped design it and he built it.  I wanted it to be multi-purpose, something that could dry lures and jigs.  We were looking at other turners on that Interweb thingy, when we (Carl) came up with the idea to use a spring fitted into a beveled area on one of the wheels.  It was a good idea and it works well.  It's whisper quite and runs smoothly.

Carl took lots of pictures while making and incorporated those with his notes on how he built it a PDF file.  It's too large to post here, but I would be happy to email to any who would like a copy.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

post-35451-0-57106600-1390861438_thumb.jpg

post-35451-0-91784500-1390861860_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Guys, this is a five year old thread and the OP has not been on here in 6 months.   Whackett, if you want to reach the OP, send him a PM, that way he gets an email notification he has a message. There are several other posts on turners. (Search lure rotisserie) The motor used looks like a 5-6 rpm, 120v microwave motor, they are available on ebay or I find them used, cheap at a local electronics supplier. Hope this helps.

I did a search and noting came up except this one my fault for not noticing it was so old and you can't search lure rotisserie when you don't realize you can use a rotisserie motor as the power which i found on another site. Thanks for the info on the PM i'm still new to these forums

7 hours ago, whackett said:

dpalinsk would love a copy of the pdf file if you could email me my address is wayne.hackett@nc.rr.com thanks wayne

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate a copy of that PDF file.  I retired about three years ago and it probably got left behind.  I'm not sure what this motor came out of, but I found it on eBay.  As mentioned above, a microwave motor will work and I have a spare one laying around in case I need it.  I've attached pic so you could see the motor specs.

Lure Turner Motor.JPG

Edited by dpalinsk
Upload better quality picture