Sign in to follow this  
the-bass-catcher

My First Photo Finish Lure

10 posts in this topic

This Lure is a new Bagley B-Flat I picked up at BPS, and I was really discontented about the poor finish. I used photoshop7 to size the image to the lure, used my old inkjet on best settings with regular paper. I used elmer's glue to hold down edges - will try contact cement because the glue didn't do to well. One tip: if you do it this way, don't get elmer's on the main part of the paper - it won't allow the epoxy to give it depth. Any Feedback appreciated! Oh yeah, devcon 2 ton for clearcoat... :lol:

pumpkinseed_photo_finish1.jpg

740_thumb.attach

Thanks for the great comments! I scanned the picture from McClane's Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of North America because it was tough to find a photo on the net that was suitable. I know that's not technically legal - I was just giving it a try. I just got a digital camera and I plan to take some hi-res pics of the local forage and see what I can do with them. I'll get back to all of you when I get that project started. Hughesy, thanks for the comment; I've always looked up to your beautiful custom paint jobs - your site actually helped to inspire me to begin my custom painting. Thanks all! :D