Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the-bass-catcher

My First Photo Finish Lure

10 posts in this topic

This Lure is a new Bagley B-Flat I picked up at BPS, and I was really discontented about the poor finish. I used photoshop7 to size the image to the lure, used my old inkjet on best settings with regular paper. I used elmer's glue to hold down edges - will try contact cement because the glue didn't do to well. One tip: if you do it this way, don't get elmer's on the main part of the paper - it won't allow the epoxy to give it depth. Any Feedback appreciated! Oh yeah, devcon 2 ton for clearcoat... :lol:

pumpkinseed_photo_finish1.jpg

740_thumb.attach

Thanks for the great comments! I scanned the picture from McClane's Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of North America because it was tough to find a photo on the net that was suitable. I know that's not technically legal - I was just giving it a try. I just got a digital camera and I plan to take some hi-res pics of the local forage and see what I can do with them. I'll get back to all of you when I get that project started. Hughesy, thanks for the comment; I've always looked up to your beautiful custom paint jobs - your site actually helped to inspire me to begin my custom painting. Thanks all! :D

Great job! With time you will get better at keeping the stencils in place and glue off of things. Lots of fun!

Jed

I'm definatley going to have to try this......Beautiful lure!!..Nathan