Kasilofchrisn

Source Of Large Solid Rings In Bulk?

So I would like to purchase a few hundred very large solid rings to make some assist hook rigs for some of my saltwater jigs.

Anybody have a source that sells solid rings in bulk?

These are going on some 16,20,and 24oz jigs.

I have plenty of smaller rings but need some very large ones.

Google searches haven't really produced a source.

I can find them in packs of 8 for ~$1 or more each but would really like to buy a few hundred at bulk prices.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

That is a good point on the butt rings all you would have to do is flux and dip in melted lead. A lot of work but I guess if it saves you enough money. You might be able to toss in 100 then fish them out with a screen and dump them in a pan and spread them quickly what got stuck together give them a second hot bath.

I am not really certain I want to start soldering butt rings. Sure it might work but could be time consuming and it may just be easier to buy them at retail prices and charge for them accordingly. I haven't pried brazing rod and flux lately but I am guessing it isn't dirt cheap.

I certainly wouldn't trust that lead dip method.

Not when my customers have a good chance at a 100# fish and some have even had 300+# fish on their boats.

These things need to be fairly stout.

I guess I'll keep looking for now.

I bought some last night on EBAY.

cost me ~$0.38 each. Not a real bad price I guess.

These are a #7 solid ring rated at 700# and I bought 120 of them to try out.

If they work out and I need more I believe I can order more from the same vendor.

Some of the jigs these go on I sell for $15-$18 each as they are from some custom CNC molds and are very large  at 20oz,24oz and 25oz.

So hopefully they are decent quality wise.

I wish there was an American made product available in bulk but these all seem to come from Asia.

At least I found enough to get me by for now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Thanks Kelly. I certainly don't want to go cheap on people.

Full retail pricing and buying them in packs of 8 wasn't going to work though and I certainly didn't want any customers to loose the fish of a lifetime especially my charter boat customers clients.

Even though the assist rigs are really easy to make most people prefer them to come fully rigged instead of doing it themselves. 

I can certainly live with 38 cents especially since that includes shipping.