Been a long time lurker on this site, and figured I'd finally say hello. Name's Kenny, and I've been making lures for about a year now, and I learned a LOT from this site. Still do every time I log in. Anyways, here's a few lures I've done:

IMAG0560.jpg

From the left, we have: a billed wake bait, a suspending multi joint bait, a glide bait, and a lunker punker knock off.

Here's a gill I'm working on:

8b21ebad-ba60-4579-8068-a70428d2cf39.jpg

And another glide bait:

e05c3b34-ec98-45ca-bc82-7a3d5b9efe40.jpg

As you can see, I've yet to buy and airbrush, I'm scared to ruin a lure after working so hard to get them this far haha. But I gotta learn somehow. I'm thinking of the Neo CN. Is it a decent starter airbrush? I'm also in the process of making my own silicone tail mold, so I won't have to use other companies tails. 

Here's some video of my wake bait:

And my glide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7efvvB8iM

I'd like to get my glide bait to make a wider slalom but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I know that bigger baits make a bigger slalom, but I don't want to really go past 8.5-9". Just gotta keep tinkering I guess. Wood is Poplar, except the wake bait, I did it in Cedar. 1.5" screw eyes, Owner Hyper Wire split rings, and Owner St-36 hooks. If I get bent out, I'll switch to 41's.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, throw my name out there, and maybe talk lures with some of you guys.

Welcome aboard! I started with a NEO but I would recommend either the revolution or the Eclipse as they handle thicker bodied paints. I'm a gravity fed fan as you don't need a ton of paint and you can run a gravity fed brush at much lower PSI settings giving more control and as a plus they clean up nicely. Nice baits and good luck getting them finished.