tigerfire

Flash Mob

I didn't have the crimp sleeves and tried the piece off a pop rivet. It didn't hold so I took round nose pliers and made a loop for the swivel to hang from. Looks good but I haven't thrown it yet to see how that will work.

If you try the double tier style, you can run the middle wire long, put a loop where you want the other legs to hang from. Secure with pop rivet shell or copper electrical compression sleve. I paint my sleeves red. I don't pour heads on my top, just copper compression sleves. They seem to lay out a little better or it might just be me. They catch fish. Musky Glenn

I have made numerous a rigs with the back to back wire bends and heat shrink and also the crimp sleeves they all work great just make sure your back to back bends are the same on each wire or the blades will hit each other (if you use larger blades) barlowes has the crimp sleeves so does Jane when their not sold out I'm currently making a ten blades rig and a double rig that looks pretty cool

Just got around to posting pics in gallery forgive the photography these are made using the heatshrink and there is also a pic of my five wire spinners didn't get a chance to take one of my double rig only made two last time and a buddy got one the other is in my boat and its to cold to dig for it right now

• Like 1

I usually order the 195lb rated wire and the .41 diameter wire I believe in coils from barlowes but it's been awhile I also use a smaller wire for the crappie rigs that I get from work it's all stainless but some of it is made brownish in color I haven't ordered wire in two years so I can't remember the brandname on the package but I know it had a pic of a shark on it. Apdriver have you fished in this crazy weather we have had this winter I'm just south of you pinebluff area. Bass100 I have the mold your using also I like it but I ordered the smaller one they sent me the large one instead decided to keep it anyway what resin are you using to pour your heads I've used the allumalite product but thinking about trying famawood in it not sure if it will be to thin to set up right. Have you tried making your own wire forms for the mold I poured some awhile back with my own forms turned out good cheaper than buying theirs don't have any pics of them and the last ones gone

Jaw, I've fished a little bit. I went to fork a few weeks ago and it was tuff down there. I ended up leaving after a day and a half and stopped by Monticello in Mount Pleasant. It's a cooling lake for a power plant and the fishing was better. Water temps close to 20 degrees warmer than Fork. Caught a 7 and two 5's . Also catching a few over at Hamilton on arig.

Jaw, I am actually using the aluminum lead mold, it has 2 sizes 1/4 oz and 3/8 oz.  I started with the silicone molds from fishingskirts but they are just too much work for me and the heads are to big for me.  When I used the silicone molds I made them with fiberglass resin.  As far as wire harnesses, I make all my own.  I use .40 and .51 straight shaft wires from hagensfish.com.  You can make 100 wire harnesses for less than $30.  Although making the wire harnesses aren't hard they are definately time consuming.

I can't find the crimps to hold the clevis anywhere.  The ones from Barlows I bought are spinnerbait spacers.  They are too big for the Arig wire.  I can make them work by criming one side, but it looks like ....  If anyone has a source for crimps please post it. 

Couple other questions, what swivel , in your opinion, works best for the blades on these considering performance of blade versus cost of losing 5 at a time. Wouldn't want to use my Sampos on these.

Also, I have been using the Gary Yamomoto swim jig head on my arigs but the hook for this jig is a specialty Gami hook and they are a bit more than I would like to pay. Is there a do it mold that works well for the heads that has a bit more cost effective hook in a 3/0 or so that is good for a 3.5 to 4.5 inch Swimbait for this application? In my mind, the perfect hook would be bendable so you can pull a hang loose with braid, yet strong enough to handle a good fish. I also like a small weighted jig, down to 1/4 ounce just to keep the total weight of this whole business down. thanks....