Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chip

Bait Signatures Under Envirotex

9 posts in this topic

To keep your signature from running under an envirotex topcoat, do the following:

1. Get an ARTIST PEN AND INK pen from an art supply store and sign you bait with your favorite paint.

I use black createx to sign my baits. Here is a createx signature with and artist pen:

GreenBassDevil.JPG

Take Care!!

Chip

Chip,

Was this signature done on top of a coat of Enviro? If I sign the bait prior to any Enviro I expect there won't be problems, it's when I put down one coat, paint, and then put on another. I am using a fine point permanent marker now, have never had problems with it before.

jed

Was this signature done on top of a coat of Enviro?

To keep your signature from running under[/b'] an envirotex topcoat' date=' do the following[/quote']

Its Monday aint it Jed :wink:

Maybe I mistook your reply. you mean 2 coats w/ sig in between?

I donno I dont use envirotex (oops, did I say that out loud? :oops: )

yah, its under the etex and signed with slightly thinned createx onto a createx painted bait.

Envirotex has a trace amount of solvent that causes permanent markers to run.

Chip

Thanks Chip.

Was going to ask you to share how your doing it.

Been working with riverman to get him up to speed.

The best way I found how to do this is. I have clear sheet of copy transparent sheets. Copy my lure name on them and with glue, yes I said, ?glue?. And when I say glue I am talking about Devcon. :lol::twisted: Chip you should try this it works great for bonding in your Screw Eyes and any thing you need to glue!!!!! So glue them on and put the finish on with a nice thick layer of Envirotex!!! :D

-Corey

Yah...I've always used Devcon 2 ton glue all the time for lure lips, wire hook and line eyes (I dont use screws) and just about anything that needs to be glued on.

Thanks,

Chip :D