mark poulson

Soooo.....

I bought some Caney Creek sinking additive, liked it, went to use it again and now I can't find it in my own garage!

You gotta love getting older.  CRS!!!  Hahaha

Don't feel bad Mark-senoir moments seem more frequent as we pass 65. i made some special tubes ,packaged them and put them away. So far away i turned the shop upside down looking for them 3 x's..6 months later I'm looking for another personal soft-bait and guess what i find stached under those bags- my custom tubes.I still can't find the 8 1/2" sissors I lost 8 months ago. :nono:

Oh, heck guys.  That's nothing.  I routinely set things down on one of the work benches while I am in the middle of a project and without moving from the spot turn to do something, and turn back to discover I can't find it.  Its frustrating as all get out to be standing there with an assembley held together in just the right position afraid to move a smidgeon or you will have to start over, and you can't that darned alignment pin you just set down anywhere. 

Edited by Bob La Londe
  • Like 1

I don't let my wife anywhere near my tools or work area.

One time when I was away in a tourny she and my daughter "cleaned up" my garage and work area.

When I came back you could eat off the floor and everything was neatly arranged. It took me 2 weeks to find everything again and I'm still looking for the $200 set of spanners. That was 18 years ago.

• Like 1

While at work one day I couldn't find my Channel Lock pliers. I looked everywhere. Several times. Knowing how the guys I worked with were always messing with each other I started accusing some of the more likely suspects. To make a long story short I finally found my pliers. They were in my back pocket.

Ben

While at work one day I couldn't find my Channel Lock pliers. I looked everywhere. Several times. Knowing how the guys I worked with were always messing with each other I started accusing some of the more likely suspects. To make a long story short I finally found my pliers. They were in my back pocket.

Ben

Been there and done that Ben. Unfortunately it was my wife that I blamed for it. She still brings that up every once and while and that was some years ago.

Trust me; women don't forget if they can get a leg up on you.

Edited by nova

54 minutes ago, curt k said:

I'm fortunate in the fact that my wife is terrified to step into my shop , but unfortunately she 's going to sell all of my stuff for next to nothing  when I pass because  I say "20 bucks " every time she asks "how much "

At least she won't kill you herself, unless she learns the true costs.

Everything I own has legs... I set stuff down, and it runs away

I once spent almost an hour looking for my socket adapter for the drill.. I gave up and drove to Home Depot 20 miles away and bought another one.. Got home, walked inside and there was the missing adapter sitting on a table right by the door 

2 hours ago, JRammit said:

Everything I own has legs... I set stuff down, and it runs away

I once spent almost an hour looking for my socket adapter for the drill.. I gave up and drove to Home Depot 20 miles away and bought another one.. Got home, walked inside and there was the missing adapter sitting on a table right by the door 

Welcome to my world. 

• Like 1

I've done similar stuff. Was looking for my channel locks one day and couldn't find them anywhere. Looked all over the shop asking people if they'd seen them. This went on for about a half hour.  Finally went to grab a bandana out of my back pocket and there were the pliers.

Here's your sign. :teef:

Ben

• Like 1

On February 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM, RayburnGuy said:

Ben

I was on TU one day and I posted a story about losing my channel locks... 3 years later I posted the same story :lol:

• Like 1

My wife pulled a great one years ago

Her sisters was over for a visit and when she left she forgot her cell phone... I found it on the counter and picked it up... When I told the wife, she did the logical thing.. She calls her sister to tell her she left her phone behind 

There was only one problem and I sat back with a big grin waiting for her to figure it out... But she didn't.. When the phone in my hand wrang I answered, wish I had something clever to say but all I could do is laugh... You should have seen the look of confusion on her face:huh:

When she finally realized what happened, she tried to make me promise never to speak of it again.... But this was just too good:lol:

Now whenever I do something stupid, I can say "remember that one time?"