MaddoxBay

My first Photo Lure...

Hi everyone, new member here and first time posting.

When I joined yesterday I was so intrigued by the photo finish baits I had to make one last night when I got home. I just grabbed a bandit crankbait and glued a picture of a pumpkin seed sunfish to it. I then added a thin layer of gold iridescence to the bait and applied the first top coat of devcon.

It still needs to be airbrushed on the top and bottom but I am already happy with the results. This is only my second custom bait.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

MaddoxBay

album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=1198

album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=1199

The picture said it was a Pumpkin Seed but it does look like a red ear sunfish (Shellcracker).

We have a lot of them around and the bass are always after them...

This is just a test bait... It was a broken bait I had laying around to play with. I wish I would have used a good bait now

Coley,

Thanks...

You won?t believe it but it is just plain acid free printer/copy paper.

I am using paste glue and coating the paper and the bait. Then lay the image on the bait and work from the lateral line to the edges. When the paper trys to buckle, cut a small slit and smooth it out. I am suppressed at how fast this works.

I done this bait when I got home and in-between the baby jobs (we have a 9 week old boy/fishing partner).