Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terrydabassman

My Bluegill

16 posts in this topic

Here's my Bluegill, man I'm having a blast with this...the ideas are endless. I have you pro's to thank for YOUR great posts and instruction and really neat tips.

THANK YOU!!!

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

bluegill_837.jpg

744_thumb.attach

Hi MaddoxBay,

I just used eye's from Janns Netcraft, 5/32" (paper)I think.

On the others I used 1/4" 3-D eyes, also from Janns.

That looks awesome; I can?t get over how these baits are turning out, simply amazing? I need to get some of those eyes. I'm just getting started

Great looking bait Terry!!!..I'm going to get off my butt and give this a try...Nathan

That looks amazing! Where do you get all the source pics you're using? The glitter looks fantastic - truly one of the best photo finishes I've seen.

Hey Bass Catcher, I have had a lot of success with the Glitter Paint from my local craft store. I think that it was like almost 2 dollars for a small 8 oz bottle. I have seen them in red, blue, green, silver, gold, orange and black. I have liked the Silver color since it has a few different colored sparkles in it. I have tried the other colors, but I dont like them like I like the silver. But Basicly this paint is clear with the colored glitters in it. This coating acts as a FIRST LAYER clear coat in a way. Its water based so its a real easy clean up. DO NOT use this as a FINAL clear coat! I just put this right over my paint job and it doesnt hinder the paint details, and the paint shows through... it just adds some sparkle to the lure. You also do not need to add a lot to cover your lure, one brush over is all I needed. Make sure its an even coat though. You just want to add some sparkle to it. For the Photo Lures, I think it adds a nice "extra pizza" to it. After that dries sign the lure and add your Clear coat of choice. The only other thing is that the glitter adds a little texture to your lure, so keep it thin and coat it at least twice with your clear coat of choice. In previous posts I have heard guys talking about adding plain glitter to your clear coat of choice. You can do that, but I prefer to use the bottles from the craft store. Its quicker and easier and less hassle and not much of a clean up! Cody

first nice bait. I add sparkles to my clearcoats that way I have as much as I feel the bait needs. I also clear coat after evey color or photo I put on the use an epoxy coat to finish the lure

here is a bad pic of one of my photo lures but you can see the sparkles in it. "yes it's a shad"

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

750_thumb.attach

thanks I put that on all my tail hooks I use and sale now I feel I get more strikes. plus it's easy to do.

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

half_moon.jpg

glow_crank.jpg

754_thumb.attach

755_thumb.attach

I've started adding glitter to the topcoat, and with great success. Its definately the way to go for glitter. See the sticky at the top of this forum for pics of a bait I did this way.

oh that well just go get some flashabou holographic green or pelar flash in rainbow pearl. most if not all fly shops have it. we hook 3 to 1 with the same lure with it on to one with out it. I even put it in my musky buck tails

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

lime_samon_spe.jpg

757_thumb.attach