JSC

Bojon

I know a lot of you  in the Plastic Forum would want to know that Ron "Bojon" Kochevar passed away yesterday (Wed 3/5/14).

He has not been active on the forum for some time due to health problems.   His Daughter In Law sent me an E Mail this AM to inform me of it.

He made a big contribution to the makeing of Tubes.  I know he helped a lot of You guys and has had an influance on others ..

We will miss him

Jim C.

• Like 1

Dear Guys, even if I'm in the other part of Ocean, I'm really really close to all the big TU Comunity with my heart. The equation is: Bojon = great shared experience to all TU Guys, also to me. We all miss him, but, trust me, now he is continuing to pour and fish ...

Addio, Bojon

Cami

Edited by Cami

No words can express the loss of one of our friends and members. I wish we had a section to list those that have passed on . Might call it GONE FISHING . I think just the list would be a tribute of itself . Put one of those Flashing things around the header . For some of us it would be the first time our names were up in lights .

My condolences to his family. What a nice guy he was. I bought the first CD Set he sold....unfortunately for me I lent it out and never saw it again...I remember watching him sitting outside his house, demonstrating his Horizontal Method and easily doing laminates with melted pastels. He had an easiness about him and was always there when a question popped up which he had an answer for. Bojon was a Giver and not a Taker! You will be truly missed, my friend!

• Like 1

Wow it's been a looooong time since I was on here. It's been crazy I've been working a lot and just getting back into making my plastics again. I sure feel bad I didn't know about Bojon before this his passing sure makes me feel bad I bought a kit and DVD from him on how to make tubes and with his help I have made a lot. Of hand dipped tubes and caught a ton of fish off of them. I talked to him on the phone a couple times he was a great person wish we could have met face to face. My biggest is a 35" 16 pound lake trout off one of the first tubes I made after watching the DVD he made and his kit. Rest in peace Bojon you will be sadly missed but never forgotten for the help you gave us all

• Like 1

I realize this is a very very old thread, and I doubt anyone will see this, but I thought I'd post anyhow.  Ron "Bojon" Kochaver was an awesome guy, and very much like my step-father. (He and my mom were married and divorced all before I was born. They remained friends, and he was always in my life.) If you've seen the dvd showing how to do the horizontal tube dipped lures, the little girl helping him in the videos is me. I still have a signed copy myself, and I really miss that old dinosaur. He was a neat old guy, and it was really cool to stumble upon this thread and see how popular and loved he was.

Edited by GinaGin92
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GinaGin92 said:

I realize this is a very very old thread, and I doubt anyone will see this, but I thought I'd post anyhow.  Ron "Bojon" Kochaver was an awesome guy, and very much like my step-father. (He and my mom were married and divorced all before I was born. They remained friends, and he was always in my life.) If you've seen the dvd showing how to do the horizontal tube dipped lures, the little girl helping him in the videos is me. I still have a signed copy myself, and I really miss that old dinosaur. He was a neat old guy, and it was really cool to stumble upon this thread and see how popular and loved he was.

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing!!