Fish_N_Fool

Whats Your Guys Oppinion On Who Has The Best Coloring For Both Price And Quality

Also looking at Spike-it.. Will be placing my FIRST order (running out of old lures to melt down).. I could really load up on colors at 3 bucks a piece! But how far would a 1 oz bottle stretch??.. Should I shorten my color list and opt for the 5 oz bottles??

Bassinfools right, buy a variety of the small ones, work out what colours you like and then if you are going to make large numbers but the large ones.

I bought a heap of MF colour and did the same, glad I bought the 1oz bottles, some colours just didn't click with me, whereas some of the "fillers" I bought were great

I have been mixing most of my colors locally (I sell to lure makers in Mexico). I buy pigments, cut, mix and bottle for resale along with other bait-making supplies. I only import a couple of colors. I can tell you that the most concentrated I have found have been from Bear. So if you are looking at bang for buck, he is the one.

The Spike-It paste is easy to use for little guys too. The secret is to weigh the coloring. If you try to use drops, it just won't work very well. About a gram per 20 ounces of plastic is usually sufficient. But it is very messy. As far as changeable colors go, Spike-It has those also. They have a burple, which looks brown out of the water and looks purple in the water. Now that could be the other way around, I haven't used that color in a while. Also, their STP motor oil changes colors when put in the water. I have used Spike-It colors for 14 years. They've never not been able to match a color, or they've always been able to tell me what colors to mix to achieve what I was looking for. On the paste, you need to use just a little plastic softener stirred in, just so you can pour it out of the container. And it also helps it to mix well, and there's a little bit more stirring involved.

I completely forgot about that, they won't sell to you if your going to cut it and re-sell it. 

Not that I'm ever interested in reselling, but aren't they the source for the colorent everyone basically uses? Are they just selective on who sells it? Or do they have deals on how the resellers can cut it?

Not that I'm ever interested in reselling, but aren't they the source for the colorent everyone basically uses? Are they just selective on who sells it? Or do they have deals on how the resellers can cut it?

No they aren't. The way I understand it they aren't selling to those that are cutting it and reselling it, only to those manufacturers that are buying to use it. There are a couple other manufacturers to buy the raw pigment from but they only sell in 8lb quantities (Colortech will sell 2lbs) and some of these colours are over $100/lb.