TxBuddha

Replacement For Ec 630/635

I'm looking for a hook to use pouring heads from Do It Style 9 Shad Head molds. I pour 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, & 3/4 and am looking at the 1 & 1.5 possibly. What I want is a somewhat shorter shank and a black nickel finish if possible. Think Big Hammer jig heads and you'll know what I'm looking for. Does such an animal exist??

The only black finish heavy duty hook we have that will fit those molds without modifying the molds is the Trokar TK 840.  Unfortunately it is approximately the same size as the 635. 

The Gamakatsu 604 will fit in the 1/4 and 3/8 mold but will not fit in the 1/2 and 3/4 because of the post in the eye of the mold.  If you modified it to remove the post they wold fit.  The 604 is a shorter hook but it is also a smaller diameter wire. 

The 604 2/0 length is 36mm vs. the 635 length at 46mm. 

The 604 4/0 length is 44mm vs. the 635 length at 55mm.

The 604 4/0 wire diameter is 0.048" vs. the 635 4/0 at 0.055".

If you did not care if it was a heavy duty hook then some of the regular wire hooks may fit.

JBarlow
Barlow's Tackle

Edited by JBarlow

Please note that actively promoting your company in a forum post is prohibited.

The forums are for the sharing of information, not the promoting of your company.

Naming a few hook models that will work is sufficient and perfectly acceptable, but driving people to your company or your website isn't acceptable.

Including your company's name in your post is also not acceptable. If you want to add your company name and web address in your signature, that is acceptable.

Tackle Underground is a community of people who love making lures and for people who want to learn about making lures.

It is NOT, however, a venue for lure parts companies, or any companies for that matter, to actively promote their products via forum posts.

Advertiser guidelines allow paying advertisers to mention sales or special promotions that they are currently running, but they are not allowed to mention prices.

A TU member who happens to own a lure parts company or any other lure-making-related business who is not an active, paying advertiser, can't make mention of their company in any post whatsoever.

I've started seeing this happening recently and it cannot continue.

I have also received complaints from other TU members, alerting me to this budding problem.

As I mentioned in the new post located here: http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/topic/27991-a-must-read-for-everyone/

I will be monitoring this very closely and offenders will have their TU accounts banned if it keeps up.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

• Like 1

Please note that actively promoting your company in a forum post is prohibited.

The forums are for the sharing of information, not the promoting of your company.

Naming a few hook models that will work is sufficient and perfectly acceptable, but driving people to your company or your website isn't acceptable.

Including your company's name in your post is also not acceptable. If you want to add your company name and web address in your signature, that is acceptable.

Tackle Underground is a community of people who love making lures and for people who want to learn about making lures.

It is NOT, however, a venue for lure parts companies, or any companies for that matter, to actively promote their products via forum posts.

Advertiser guidelines allow paying advertisers to mention sales or special promotions that they are currently running, but they are not allowed to mention prices.

A http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/topic/27991-a-must-read-for-everyone/

I will be monitoring this very closely and offenders will have their TU accounts banned if it keeps up.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Well that was subtle.  This cannot be directed only at me though since this is only the second post where I have had my company name at the bottom.  It is only there so people don't think I am trying to sneak around hiding my identity.  But I will remove it from future posts.

If you re-read this post it only has information...no sales pitch. 

Maybe next time a pm would suffice.

JB

Sorry, this wasn't aimed just at you. So I apologize if it came across that way.

My reason for not sending you a PM was that I didn't want you to think you were were being singled out.

And if the tone wasn't conveyed correctly, please understand that typed words can sometimes be construed and interpreted differently than they were intended to be.

Also, as I mentioned in my post, you are allowed to include your website URL in your signature, so feel free to add that in there.

Again, my intention wasn't to "scold" one person, but to make sure this message gets conveyed in public, for everyone to read, thus helping to put a stop to this before it gets out of hand.