fishon-son

Printed Bags

Price is all dependent on the design, how many colors, how many bags, etc but there is a minimum order that you will have to buy.  The more you buy and the simpler the design and color scheme the cheaper they will be.  Someone should be along with more insight, I have never bought printed bags only looked into them for myself.

glad u posted this here I was about to, does anyone know any websites were I can get them printed? I've checked psprint.com is there any other sites thanks, how about the plastic bags were does everyone get theres?

Edited by Hanapa'a

And they are not made here. Still come from over seas. Per bag was not that bad but the amount for a minimum is. Sorta weeds out the serious ones. Johnson bags were more per color and more minimum. From what I heard they were from over seas too.

I always thought the best bet was to design your own label (Avery worked for me) and stick them on the bags.......or you could have someone design that first label for you.  Have your own logo and add something like count, color, and quantity and you should be fine.

I know it doesn't look as professional, but it's a WHOLE lot cheaper and let's face it........if you have a good product, fisherman don't really care.  When starting out, I think it's best to keep your expenses to a minimum, and buying pre-printed bags is a hell of an expense! 

Save those printed bags for a day when your product explodes!

Just my :twocents:

• Like 2

You know there are a variety of labels you can use.  You aren't stuck with the classic Avery address labels in paper.  You can get laser printable flexible labels.  I am pretty sure you can even get laser printable clear labels.  They cost more per unit I think between the bag, label, and toner cost, but the upfront cost is not that bad.  

A local print shop might be able to help you out if you don't want to print your own.  

The hardest part for most people is creating a label that looks good.  A simple black on white label that has your name and the bait works though.  In my opinion the bait name should pop out more than your name.  Once they look at the bag they will see your name.  Your name is not going to draw people's attention.  You aren't Zoom.  Once that changes you can change your label.  

Anyway, there are some tricks to creating a label that doesn't look like a stuck on address label.  Over printing is one.  Design your graphics, colors, and background so that it prints slightly larger than the label.  Leave some clear space in a contrasting color around the text you want people to read.  

KEEP IT RELATIVELY SIMPLE.  

small - Name

large - BAIT

small - Color (maybe)

smaller - Website

A flexible label can be nearly as large as the bag and work.  

... and put the labels on the bags before putting the baits in the bags.  

Edited by Bob La Londe

Quote FishOn-Son.

"looks great....but don't see those in any lake I fish....ill stick with the norm....my buddy has a name for the over the top stuff,,,,he calls it,,,,,captain gimmick,,,,great looking to people don't catch the biggest fish....great work..."

Same deal with the fancy labels... :)

Edited by Baitjunkys

No it wasn't broadway. It was one of those "manufacturers" that actually make the bags (all they make) that so many of the mold, bait making, etc businesses sell to the home hobbyists. even just ordering their plain bags required 10,000 quantity minimum order.

I have a company here locally in Virginia and they are in the process of making bags for me. They are foil printed on a laminate bag. My current cost for them to make my labels is .25 a piece and I have been using them for a couple years now. They said my cost would go up to about .55 a bag with label. In the past I was ordering laminate bags and just adding my sticker. I will keep you posted on how they turn out. There was no set fee, just cost per label/bag.

Jeff

Wiked Worms

This  is a question I asked a few moths ago and I only found the best prices to be  Overseas -----> http://www.alibaba.com

I have not gone down that road yet, I did designed my own label in AI (adobe illustrator) and got them printed. still a lot of work but definitely  cheaper,,  ~~This what they look like ~~

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg

bs-bag-done.jpg

bs-bag-design.jpg