Mudd Butt Baits

Two Color Twicth'n Pop Floting Top Water Worms

I just cut finished worms in half, got them to go back in the mold, not easy with the popper in the middle.  Then poured the green in, I was reading that some baits with skirts are plastic welded?  It that simply just heating the two ends and holding them together?  I would like to just use to pots, two colors and two injectors, but how do I know how much to put in the first pass?  Do I just put marks on the rod? Thanks

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

two-color.jpg

web 5.jpg

post-46178-0-73928100-1395594892_thumb.jpg

post-46178-0-95500300-1395594913_thumb.jpg

You could try one of the soft plastic glues, like Pro Soft or Mendit.  I use a soldering iron with a flat blade to melt my skirts onto my Ika bodies.

I hold the soldering gun vertical in a wooden clamp, use a U shaped piece of masonite to keep the trigger on.

I hold the skirt on one side and the Ika body on the other for a four count to melt the faces, then slide them off toward me and hold them together for a twelve count.  That is long enough for the plastic to cool enough not to come apart.

It sounds more complicated than it is, and the skirts hold fine.  Just be sure you have a fan blowing across your work area to get the smoke from the melting/burning plastic away from you so you don't breathe it.

If you can take the burn/smoke - the melting and sticking together you're doing is best IMHO.  You get a good weld AND it's real fast - mend it and other things have their place (on water or infrequent use) but if you're doing a bunch - it's hard to beat the speed of melting and jamming them together.

J.