Ryan1995

Hand Pour Senko Vs Injection Senko

Good point.  We fished our river a couple years ago and my son was using a black with red flake senko.  I was throwing a red shad (red/black laminate).  We were both wacky rigging with a 3/0 EWG hook (no weight), and he killed me from the back of the boat.  Red Shad sure looks nicer than a plain ol' black - red flake, but it didn't matter to the fish that day!  Even though I used to pour a ton of laminates (like Patrick said), I'm not convinced they are more productive.  I am, however, convinced that scent works.  I wouldn't even think of throwing a soft plastic in our river without a crawfish or anise scent.  I guess, once again, it all depends on your confidence level. 

My hottest selling laminated soft-bait  is a green pumpkin/golden brown chartreuse.Black/blue and Green pumpkin/watermelon are tied for 2nd place. I believe in impregnated scents-especially on pressured waters.

I've changed colors purposely when two of us find a wolf-pack of bass.Sometimes they only want one color and others times they don't.

Susquehanna river crayfish have a bluish glimmer on their tops and we've hammered bass on that same color in local lakes. It pays to be flexible and have the willingness to experiment.Every time we think we have them figured out ,the bass throw us a change up and we strike out. That's exactly what makes bass fishing so interesting and @ times challenging.

Hey don't mean to randomly jump into this but I'm having an issue when I'm shooting my 5" senko. Sometimes they come out just fine other times I will have flat spots on some of not all of the baits on all random spots of the bait.. Any idea as to what's going on? And help would be great thank you guys