Dink Mendez

Rod Building Class - Help!

Howdy, Need help, this is my final attempt to learn. My rod building instructor had a traumatic health issue and no longer can give instruction on rod building. The other instructor past away. Is there any member willing to teach or know some one on rod building in the Fresno, CA area. I'm not in the interest of learning for a business, but for the knowledge of building several rod for myself the way I like them. My rods consist of the old Phenix Rods from 20 + years ago. I would like to update my rod with modern rod design.  Any leads or help would be great!

There are numerous videos, online instruction and numerous books at
your local library.  There several online rod building sites that have
been around for decades. http://www.rodguild.com/rcjournal/ is one of them.  Google search is your best friend while online.

Shoff's is also a great resource, http://www.shofftackle.com/.  Angler's Workshop USED to be also a great resource until it was sold to some  hardware junkies from the midwest...

Tight wraps, man.

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fly fishing and
think about God."

~
Tony Blake

• Like 1

Post it on rodbuilding.org .......... If you were in Baltimore I'd teach you .......... There are a bunch of great rod. Builders around you ......... Also try the Rod Guild

Rodbuilding.org will refer you to the tackle works site also but there may be someone there that sees your post and is willing to help. I would help but I am on the other side of the country from you.

• Like 1

Just took the San Francisco Mud Hole class for beginning rod builders. I would recommend it anyone who is about to start out. I probably could have learned everything in the class from youtube, but it would have taken weeks if not months and a lot of trial and error. Not sure if I would have had the patience to stick with it on my own. The instructors were right there when you screwed up, to help you out. The class really was enjoyable.