mark poulson

Old Wiggle Warts

Here in the Ozarks if your not throwing an old Wart you're usually not in the money. I can't say if is the bait or the guy throwing it  or both but you see the best bags at a lot of tourney's come on the old warts. Not all colors are equal and it seems the best are the hardest to find.

There is 3 chambers, the chamber closest to the lip is the figure 8 hook hanger holder. 

I was thinking the hanger was the middle chamber, with a weight/rattle on either side.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

Not all colors are equal and it seems the best are the hardest to find.

So what are the colors that are so coveted? And since I am not a WW expert... what is the most popular size or model you guys in the Ozarks like?

Skeeter

V37 Brown Craw is the one I hear the most buzz about.  I've never understood the name, because it looks more red to me.

The suspending models had 3 ball. The regualrs warts had 2. I think the front one was silent and the rear one rattled. Both of them lead. The suspending one had a third ball that floated around in the body cavity. Not sure what it was made of but i've seen some of them turn to powder.

I cleared one out this morning and its the front chamber that has the larger lead ball and it is the one that rattles. I was mistaken on my earlier post.

Skeeter, the best colors in the ozarks are v86 phantom green craw, v63 green craw, sp60 missouri craw currently on ebay for $115, v209 red craw, v62 natural brown craw, v37 brown craw, and v38 green craw. I'm sure that other people have some other favorites but these are the most popular on Table Rock. As far as size, most everybody throws the regular wart not the magnum.

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

Back in the day of the original warts, the mold became worn to the point that storm tried to repair it. You can see this repair on some of them by looking for a square border  or square bump around the line tie. In doing so the figure 8 line tie became somewhat buried. This did not allow the split ring free movement so they started using the snaps. I think when they started making them in Mexico they redid the mold again and went back to split rings.

Not all colors are equal and it seems the best are the hardest to find.

So what are the colors that are so coveted? And since I am not a WW expert... what is the most popular size or model you guys in the Ozarks like?

Skeeter

Most coveted that I know of is a "red prismflash crayfish". I think it's v196 but not certain.

The colors mentioned are the best to use though as nobody in their right mind would throw this.