mark poulson

Old Wiggle Warts

Howdy Members, for those whom purchase and received  wiggle wart blanks for Predator Bass Baits, Just would like to know what you all think so far. They look very promising. I'm going to order some, but like some members feed back that have some from Predator Baits. Also, would like to say Thanks You to Predator Baits to have the initiative to go out and spend time to have a mold and many blanks made. I hope it is a success. So I can purchase blanks! :yay:    

If Jim dabbles in it...it'll do just fine. You can bet he won't put a product on the market until he's absolutely sure he'd use it himself. I've bought many products from him and have always been satisfied with everything from quality to shipping time. Plus...his wife packs a mean package. :?

Predator ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I buy all my lure blanks from PBB. Very good quality and service so I'm sure these WW's will be more of the same. A+++ in my book and I will definitely be getting some of the new wart blanks from Jim. Now I just wish I could afford to get a Rapala Twitching Rap KO or a Mirrolure 17mr KO.....LOL. The speck and Redfish guys know what I'm talking about ;)

Review of Predator DRS Wiggle Wart :

Before I start this I would like to say that I am in no way affiliated with Predator Baits. This review is to provide information to those considering buying some of these lures. In your own review, if you choose to post one, please be respectful as this is a person's business. If you don't have something nice to say then take it up with the company first before you start bashing. My review is my honest opinion and I feel that Predator Bait's will likely have no problem with what I am about to say so I feel that it is appropriate to post.

OK. Here is what I got. I like many of you ordered these baits in response to this thread, and seeing the work and attention to detail that went into them. I am a wart nut so I thought I would give it a shot. I normally don't try knockoffs as I have had some real duds in the past. I have never ordered from Predator before.

I received my order very quickly.

First impressions:

-It's definitely a wiggle wart.

-Bait is smooth without defects

-Bait has a slight blue tint not unlike a cd case. It's still very clear with the slightest hint of blue.

-Seam of bait appear to be sanded. This will come out in clear and was well done. Nice attention to this by the way.

-There are minor bubbles to the sides of the weight placement holders.

-There are two weights in the lure. Like the original. Initially I thought the rear weight was glued off center but with tapping discovered it moved as well as the front one within the slot.

-The rattle appears slightly louder than my other pre-rap warts. This is not to be unexpected though as the old warts have had time to oxidize and soften the sound. It is only a slight difference and not necessarily a bad thing.

..... Overall initial impressions are very good and I am impressed with what these are. Now on to action.....

Creek test:

That's right... creek. I'm currently attending school and the only thing around is a creek. I went to a hole in the creek that was about 5 feet deep to try to get some impression of depth.

The only hooks and hardware that would seem suitable for the test would be those straight from an old wart.... so that's what I did. The only wart I have with me is a suspending model so I didn't do a float time test as I saw it as irrelevant between the models.

I took 3 of the Predator warts with me to test as any bait will vary and I wanted as fair a test as possible. These lures are as of yet still unpainted or cleared.

Test was conducted on 7 lb sunline as it was what was on my rod I have with me to fish this creek.

-Of the 3 lures I tested I only had to really tune one. The other two required very minor tuning. After tuning they all ran straight.... maybe I shouldn't say straight.... "wart straight" would be better. They track true but do possess the hunting action that we have all been looking for. Very impressed Predator :yay::worship:  .

-As for diving depth I couldn't get a true test due to my location and available depth. I did hit at lest 4 feet as the opposite side of the creek is the deepest. This depth was achieved rather quickly though and I feel that it is pretty much on par with what I would expect from a wart. As an estimate I would guess that this would go around 8 feet and maybe deeper given the room to cast and location.

-The action is unmistakeably "wart". The cadence, wideness of wiggle, deflection.....

-As a guess I would say the lure is only very little more buoyant. This is a total guess from memory though and as these lures aren't painted yet I'm sure will change.

..... I'll have to say this is much better than what I thought it would be. I cannot find fault in it. Very nicely done.

Overall comments:

-Just go get some. :yay:  It's has its own minor differences when compared to the originals in my opinion but so do the original warts to each other. This bait is known to be inconsistent, and is by and large a big part of its charm and appeal. The baits I received from Predator are consistent from one to the next. Predator Baits has obviously done their homework and I for one am very pleased with the results. I hope everyone's experiences are as positive as what I've seen. I still would like to be able to test them out in a lake where I could get a better idea on the depth side by side with a standard pre-rapala wart but my gut feeling is they nailed it... at least to me. Now we just have to ask the fish :?. In short... If you don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on little pieces of plastic then this is a GREAT alternative. With a little more testing and fish confirmation I may have went on my last eBay binge on these :sauced: . It's nice to see a company that has passion for what they put out instead of just turning out something. Very good job Predator and you have a repeat customer :yay::worship:

Thanks for the review I hope all feel they are good but I know I can not please everyone.

The smaller ( rear ) chamber I had the same size ball as the front one used in this chamber and it more then likely will not rattle which can be good or bad,  It will not rattle as loud and that is what I was trying to accomplish. They say the old ones the rattles stick so I was hoping to keep the sound down on them.

The original warts were made with a different plastic so the sound will be a tad different.

The silent versions you can not glue the front ball in the center so they are glued off center and that will not effect the lures swimming action.

The line across the bill is between the nose of the lure and the line tie, this line I was told had to be there because they could not get the lure body out of the injection mold because of the curved bill, I myself thought it  made no sense but was told not engineer could do it without it.

These lures are a couple grams lighter then the originals , the plastic that the originals used is a heavier plastic and I do not know were to get this heavy cheap plastic.

The plastic I used is ABS.

I have not sold any of these on ebay so those were not from me.

Edited by Predator Bass Baits