wootonc

A-Rig Wire

I have tried several wires and found most of them don't keep their shapes.  I have switched to the premade harness from Battlefield Wire Products Inc.  They run about $2 per unit.

Jig man, where do you purchase their product. Did a google search and didn't come up with much.

I was going to make my own A-rig so I did a search on youtube.  Well some guy uses wire from those small survey flags that you can buy at Lowes/HD and then uses Bondo putty to form and make the head.  I was then going to paint and clear coat with 2-part epoxy.  Looks super easy and really cheap too!  Do a seach and check out that video, it really helps to explain it.  Take care.

Hope this helps!

--George

Edited by SigEp George

I've made a lot of a rigs and have used the premade harnesses also but I prefer 325 lb or225 lb stainless wire that you can order from all the usual places I believe the 325lb wire is.041 but it's been awhile . When you use this wire you are not limited on the mold you use you can just about make it fit any mold . I use my spinnerbait mold or the do it a rig mold and I also have the boss mold but I do prefer boss harnesses for their molds although you can also use the wire for their molds also

You might also consider using a 2 part product called Quick Seel for the head of the A-rig, this works really well and is very strong. I have several rigs made with this and they are bullet proof, it really is just like steel and very easy to shape without the weight of lead.