saltwater

Glossary Of Acronyms, Terms And Abbreviations

Am:American

Au:Australian

WIP = Work in progress

RTS = Ready to spray

2K = 2 part catalyzed clear coat

TUT = Tutorial

D2T – Devcon 2 Ton Epoxy, ITW Devcon inc. (www.devcon.com)

Etex – Envirotex Lite epoxy, Enviromental Technology inc. (www.eti-usa.com)

MCU – Moisture Cured Urethane, MCU Coatings inc. (www.mcucoatings.com)

Anthropic Guy Confused.jpg

post-46167-0-24832600-1397582655_thumb.jpg

There were several of us who put together a glossary of common abbreviations and tackle building terms a year or two ago and it was set up so that other members could add new content that hadn't been included in the original draft. It was a pinned thread and was available up until the last site update if I remember correctly. I can no longer find it so I'm not sure what happened to it. Will have to ask Curt to see if he knows anything about it.

Ben

This is not a complaint but a comment, this won't do us any good to search for the acronym because of the 4 letter minimum to do a search.

I don't remember if this one had this but I have seen other forums that the acronym will be some sort of link and if you click on the acronym it will give you a definition. This works on any word not just the acronym that would be in the Glossary.

The way the original glossary was set up is that is was done alphabetically. You just opened it up and scrolled down to what you were looking for. Any word or phrase that was in the glossary would also have a line of blue dots under the word or phrase as it was used in the post. By moving your mouse icon over the underlined word it would give you the definition. As far what happened to it I'm not sure, but I contacted Curt and he is going to look into it.

Ben