mark poulson

Hilite Powder

Hmmmmm.............never heard of that one, Mark.  The only thing I can think of is maybe you're using too much?  Or maybe it's a brand problem?  I only used LC and MF hi-lites, and both worked equally well.........

It should give a nice hi-lite effect throughout the bait...............

Powder is made up of flakes and because of that the highlite at the outside of the bait (against the mold) will lay flat and show more surface. Where the highlite in the rest of the bait will lay at differant angles and not show so much surface at any one time.

Sounds good , eh? But this is just a guess I mat be way off.

Powder is made up of flakes and because of that the highlite at the outside of the bait (against the mold) will lay flat and show more surface. Where the highlite in the rest of the bait will lay at differant angles and not show so much surface at any one time.

Sounds good , eh? But this is just a guess I mat be way off.

Makes sense, or as least as much sense anything in the crazy hobby makes!  Hahaha

Highlites can be a bit much when you first start using them. It's like anything; it takes a little practice and experimentation. Personally, I like using them but it took a while to get used to them.

What colors of highlites do you have Mark?