blackjack

New glue for my old friends!!

Guys been kinda absent from the board for a while due to fishing seasonand some injuries and the like.l I just thought I would pass along a little tip that has been working for me with excellent results. My father has been a building contractor for 30 some years and he was over for a barbque when I showed him what I've been up to in the workshop. I had been glueing bellyweights and hook hangers in with epoxy.He suggested I try some of the "liquid nail" Well been playing around with it for about a month and have come up with the following advantages. It does not have a short pot life ie Epoxy, It is super strong, it is waterproof. What I have been doing is cutting the "L.N." with MEK to the consistency of white glue. It is some darn strong stuff I have actually pulled the wood apart trying to get the hook hangers or belly weights out. Give it a try you will not be disappointed!!

Your mention Red of the "methyl ethyl" brought back some bad memories of college chemistry, yikes! Do you remember counting with the alkanes? Methane, ethane, propane, butane, etc.? A fellow student of mine once asked the chem professor why we didn't count above decane? His reply that I will never forget was "because all above that were "mundane", lol.

Jed 8O