Bassinjunkie88

Quantum Energy E600Pt Reels Question

Have you tried doing an online search for "reel schematics"? I had a link to a site bookmarked that you could download the schematics for a bunch of different reels, but unfortunately it was one of the things lost when my computer had to be reformatted.

That's about the best I can do as I know nothing about Quantums.

Ben

I just googled how to service them (God I'd be lost without Google - LOL!) and here's what I got from another forum......

http://anglerinsider.com/forum/showthread.php?14789-Cleaning-a-Quantum-E600PT-baitcasting-reel

Hope this helps!

btw.......they really are an awesome reel.  I have a couple myself and have been very happy with them. 

Not sure about this reel, but a lot of reels open by twisting the palming side plate about 90 degrees and it pops off to expose the screws that hold it all together. There may be a small leaver under the reel that has to be moved side ways to allow the side plate to rotate. Most are a tight fit. Hope this helps. Musky Glenn

I have those reels.  They are not hard to service.

Once you remove the spool, there are screws holding the handle-side side plate that you have to remove.

Go slow, so you don't loose the two small springs that load the thumb bar release. 

I suggest you take digital pictures as you go, so you'll know where everything goes once you have it all apart and clean.

Attached is a reel diagram from Mike's Reel Repair in PDF format.  Looks like you need to remove a couple of screws from inside the right side of the reel after removing the left side plate and the spool (which is pretty common).

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf

Quantum_E600PT.pdf