Wolfwrestle

Heat Transfer Foil.

I've seen heat transfer foil on the internet, and think it would be a good way to add metallic background to lures, but don't have a clue on how you could apply it to a curved surface successfully. I've tried regular jones tones stuff, but can't find a glue that is working good for it, and the jones tones company isn't selling the glue for it anywhere I can find. Any advice?

Thanks for the replies. I've tried the 3m spray glue, but haven't had good luck. Perhaps I got it on too thick. 

Question: Do you coat both surfaces and let them dry according to the directions on the can or just lightly spray the lure and burnish it on? If I can get the 3m spray to work, I'd be happier than having a product I have to paint on to expedite the process a little. I like the Holographic finishes as an underneath glimmer before painting transparent layers over it, but don't like an extra step that as of yet hasn't worked for me.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried the 3m spray glue, but haven't had good luck. Perhaps I got it on too thick. 

Question: Do you coat both surfaces and let them dry according to the directions on the can or just lightly spray the lure and burnish it on? If I can get the 3m spray to work, I'd be happier than having a product I have to paint on to expedite the process a little. I like the Holographic finishes as an underneath glimmer before painting transparent layers over it, but don't like an extra step that as of yet hasn't worked for me.

Just a light; but complete coat on the bait only; then burnish. it does take some practice; but the good part is that if you mess up you can just lay another layer of foil right over the first one.

I don't use paint on my baits ;I only use photo finish with the foil underneath.

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

DSC00073_002.JPG

post-11797-0-86278200-1398704214_thumb.jpg

I've been making jigs since around 1984, but just recently got started doing crankbaits with a buddy for some unique patterns and colors that we don't see being made commercially. The learning curve is pretty steep on some stuff, but both of us have art backgrounds so we pick stuff up pretty quick, and have made what we feel are some decent crankbaits that we've already caught some fish on. Working on getting some good clearcoat finishes down, and some decent hooks on them that we like now. Otherwise living the dream. Again thanks for sharing. 

yeah I figured the real fish part I printed a spoon once with just normal printer paper that is still holding its color after 3 years... I just put a nice layer of d2t over the top of it... so one just make a little tutorial on using tissue paper... I bought some clear sticker material but have yet to use it... my color printer died and I just haven't replaced it at all... been painting by hand with acrylics but would way prefer to photo finish since I suck at painting lol 

just a random question on this guys after looking at that website and never using this product before... but why couldn't you just get mylar balloons from the dollar store cut to shape and just use spray adhesive or a glue stick even... I am guessing you would get the same effect for a fraction of the cost.