Isaiah JV

Proto Type Molds

Cheaper Answer:

You can carve a master out of a variety of materials and then use it to create a mold from.  Usually silicone or plaster of paris.  Both processes have been documented multiple times on this forum.  

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

More expensive answer:

Or you could make some drawings and send them to custom mold maker to be cut out of aluminum.  

• Like 1

Your post comes at a perfect time.

I'm setting up to cut prototype aluminum molds. I've already done an open pour mold for one member for free while I worked through the process.

I need to do the same thing for a two part mold and I'll offer you the same deal, I do all the CAD/CAM and will machine a two part mold for you as a freebie while I work all the kinks out of the process.

This is in preparation for setting up a low cost custom mold prototyping service. One low price will include all the CAD/CAM and a one cavity mold.

If you're interested go ahead and message me.

• Like 1

Isaiah. When you get what you want and need a mold made, you need to get a hold of rcbv. He just did an aluminum open pour for me on some baits I created and it was FRIGGING AWESOME. You will be pleased at his work. I can't thank him enough.

• Like 1