ArdentAngler

Looking For A Specific Pair Of Needle Nose Pliers

Hi,

I was hoping to track down another pair of pliers, not sure the brand name they were given to me many years ago. These were the best pair I have ever owned , they suited my needs perfectly. Uunfortunately they have worn out from many years of good use. They are 6 1/2" with blue felt grips, Any ideas?

Also looking to find a pair of " Laker pliers" these were stainless steel and the logo was a worm with a baseball cap. I believe walmart sold them? These are similar to the Rapala pliers except they have no rubber grips and a smaller profile, not as wide in the jaws.

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

straight nose pliers.jpg

post-44729-0-80277300-1400482235_thumb.jpg

Well hey those snap on will work! Thank you. I didn't know what they were called, tried searching for " straight nose pliers" all were 11".

I stay far away from the dummy grip handles like the Menards for Rapala pliers. I prefer the felt grip even though they tend to slide off all the time.

Thanks again bud!

I could brag about how clever I am, but the truth is I was in charge of shipping and receiving in a tool store some years ago.  I had to know what things were called or I couldn't check them off when they came in.  I still have to ask what to call things all the time.  

Edited by Bob La Londe

I have been searching for quite a number of years to find a replacement. Generally stick with what I know and in this case these pliers are perfect for many applications especially removing small hooks. Guessing the Snap On would be a great buy hopefully worth the quality of the name? As said before I don't care for the rubber or vinyl grips, but beggars cannot be choosers and they are exactly what I was looking for.

Its funny you mentioned the tool store, I brought these in several and the responses were that they were a plain old pair of needle nose pliers...made me look like a dummy for even asking! I know they are needle nose but what kind? Then they try and sell me what they have which wouldn't last 6 months with the cheap finish put on them.