BASS8BAITS

New mold! Tell me what you guys think?

That's a cool looking worm Bass8baits. You have more of Bobs molds than I do! I would agree that the turnaround is usually around 1 week, and you're right, it does depend on how busy the shop is as he is usually doing production work and the machines are being used for that full time. I've been designing a lot of stuff with Bob lately, I'll post pictures when I get some free time. My latest design, "The Crawg" is up on his site.

It's nice to get some encouragement from you guys, it keeps me wanting to apply the creative forces of NewCastle Brown and Jagermeister to my CAD programs...LoL. I hope these pics clarify the level of detail on the new baits that Bob Jones and I have been collaborating on. The pics really don't do them any justice, the 6" worm has a killer texture even on the ribs of the body. The pic has Z-Lizards in Rootbeer and Motor Oil Blue, Crawgs in Rootbeer, GreenPumpkin Metallic and Motor Oil Blue, And "Slither" Worms in Smoke/Silver, MGP, MOB, and RB. I didn't have the drive to trim these baits as they were what I have left with me and I won't be home til tuesday (Visiting friends and partying for my birthday!).

Bass8, I didn't even think about dropshotting the SLither, but the tail action does kick, great idea, I will try it this weekend.

Chris: PM me your Snail Mail addy so i can get your stuff out next week. Hell, I'll deliver it if we can fish!

PS the second Image is my new prototype bait, the Hellhound. Opinions appreciated.

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

fish_358.jpg

newstuff.jpg

781_thumb.attach

782_thumb.attach

It makes everything worthwhile that you guys (The Tackle Gurus) approve of the stuff I am doing. I can't take all the credit, I just do the design end so far, Bob deserves as much praise as I do, he is an absolutely amazing machinist. We have a common goal to have fun making fishing gear; I can't emphasize the fun part enough. There is nothing more satisfying than catching fish on your own creations, that is a huge payoff! I hope everyone enjoys the baits they get in the swap, that is gonna be some serious fun! Plenty more new designs on the burner right now too...I'll keep everyone posted.

Cal, the background on that pic was the side of a computer case, I selected a circle around it and then flood filled with a water texture to give it a cool effect. Plain old white background gets boring. You should know I like to do the graphics stuff from the avatars. I wish it was a picture of a dead hog, I've been too busy fishing to hunt this year...LoL. You should see how many boar are running around out here.

Hey BigZ, when you design your baits how do you do it? Are you using cad right from the start? Or do you mold it in clay, sculpey, etc. and make a cad drawing from that?

I'm just starting to mess around with designing my own masters out of Sculpey, and just wanted to get some tips. I'm NOT creative when it comes to designing most things, had good luck in RC airplanes, but that doesn't really transfer over to making worms.

I made 3 worms yesterday, but they're really plain jane. I want to get creative with my designs, but need to learn how to manipulate clay first.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!