Anzomcik

First Timer, How To Add A Couple Inches To A Butt Grip Of A Rod

What I have is a Croix Legend tournament Big Dawg musky rod, I love the rod except for the shorter than im use to butt grip.

So other than the strait forward, run it through a band saw, jam a stick in it with cork rings. I am looking for some advise and recommendations on how some of you would do this. Some materials that may be better than others, grade of cork... anything would be nice

If this stick was not a $400 I wouldn't be so shy about doing it, and Its a musky rod, my main musky rod so I put it through ALOT of abuse so I want to make sure its done correctly.

Thanks

I would cut the black eva off of the butt if it is like the Lt. bass rods,and get a scrap piece of graphite blank and ream rings to fit the joint,and down to the butt cap that will be on the extension,epoxy all at one time and once dry hand file/sand butt and turn it in a lathe.if you have the tools it's not a big job.you need a scrap piece of graphite that will fit inside the blank of the rod you plan to extend.

I have been a builder for years,and probably have a scrap that will work if you cut the butt cap off and measure the inside diameter of the blank.