New River Rat

Ie Vs. Firefox

There must be something in your settings that's preventing you from opening TU as I use Mozilla exclusively with no problems.  I'd first have to ask what is exactly happening when trying to open this site?  You could have it unknowingly blocked, or perhaps you might try clearing your history and cache.

Here's a little info about add-ons and blocked websites......

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/blocksite/

yeah, checked everything I can think of, know a bit about IT related stuff. Anything that I have added on,etc The only thing I haven't done is a system restore, and I doubt that would help.

Edit to add. I'm going to remove and re-install FF. Let you know.........

Edited by New River Rat

Does Firefox still have IE tab add on for it? I know they did years ago and that helped with some websites... I use chrome only and have zero issues.  I know the site pulls up just fine on my linux machine with FF and opera as well so I am not even sure. You could also see if your java and flash need to be updated or are blocked in anyway.

I found this and a few other sites really do not work if you have decent security and privacy levels turned on.  Now I only access this site from my non-critical computers.  Part of it seems to be related to the third party cookies and third party scripts for the external advertising management.  I haven't looked into it any further than that.  I just blocked the site from any of my computers that I use for banking or other financial access, so I don't have to remember to adjust things constantly.  

Edited by Bob La Londe

Well from a computer help desk tech... the first thing I notice with firefox is it's blocking all the adds... now is it FF or an extension on ff or your Anti virus software if your running one... secondly just for general troubleshooting do you happen to have a second PC? try doing a fresh install of FF and see what happens... I'd say you could run linux from a jump drive and try ff from that but I don't know your level of computer knowledge... I don't think its an issue with the registry but you could run Eusing Free Registry cleaner (it's safe) just click skip when it asks for a registration... its a bunch of geeks that made an awesome simple registry cleaning tool that is free. It is very odd that IE works and FF doesn't play nice thou... 

Griffond, I have an Associate Degree in Information Technology/Help
Desk, so I understand a bit.  I have three ad blockers as add ons to
Firefox, I'm running Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, WebRoot
Secure Anyware, and Ad-Aware Anti-Virus. I hear you on the Linux, but I
just haven't bothered. I also reinstalled Firefox around post 6 or 7.

Thanks
Sam