New River Rat

Ie Vs. Firefox

Sounds like an Ad Blocker problem.

TU uses a Google ad server to run the advertisements. Any kind of ad blocking addon will cause the site not to load properly. Most people who have a problem similar to yours find that disabling the ad blocker or adding an exception to it for TU will fix the problem.

Give that a shot and see if it helps.

I say if you have a gmail account use Chrome all the way there are so many tools to use with that browser it's silly.

Chrome is a great browser with tons of addons, but Firefox is just as good and probably has more addons available than any other browser. I use Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my Chromebook (laptop). All in all, I still like Firefox a bit better.

I am having the same issue in Chrome if you try using the full version. Using the IP board (horrible) option only way to access the site currently. I guess I could use IE also but... This happened before a few years ago and I don't recall the work around/fix.  

added....

couldn't even see most of the posts they reappeared and noted the AD block issue (darn advertising).

Edited by Travis

I am having the same issue in Chrome if you try using the full version. Using the IP board (horrible) option only way to access the site currently. I guess I could use IE also but... This happened before a few years ago and I don't recall the work around/fix.  

added....

couldn't even see most of the posts they reappeared and noted the AD block issue (darn advertising).

Stick with Firefox and you should be fine.

Regarding the "darn advertising", it's how TU stays online. Gotta pay the bills  :)  LOL

To be honest TU hasn't been that bad with advertisements as in the past they were mainly related.  I had to go with ad block because of other sites I frequented became essentially unusable because of it.  Adds were being inserted into posts,  if you accidentally scrolled over key words an add would show up, etc... everything was bogging down. I just left it on for all the sites. Ad block was just recently an issue as prior had no issues with it, will assume that the next update will be fine to run with the site as it seams to be a constant game in the grand scheme of things.  

Firefox is sort of like many things, not a bad choice but the writing is on the wall unless they make some major changes to compete.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1