fishmanmark

The Silhouette Cameo For Airbrush Stencils

This was my experience with the silhouette using a 00.7 mill mylor with the cuter on it's highest setting still would not perform. This thing is merely a toy for the crafter. I am not saying it will not cut a stencil but it will have to be very thin. And that will cause lifting and paint run. And if you can get it to cut the thicker stuff don't expect it to last long. Just wanted to pass this along. And maybe save someone the trouble.

Mark,

One cool use i saw on another forum, but you kind of have to know how to set it up, is using vinyl tapes. They were using it to score scale patterns, including fins onto the tape and the putting the whole tape on the lure side. Kind of like putting a scale impression onto aluminum foil. You could also use 2 different colors of foil, tape or paper and some epoxy and make some cool custom 3d eyes..

Clemmy

Edited by clemmy

I have been using the Silhouette Cameo For Airbrush Stencils for a couple of years.  I use mylar overhead transparent sheets.  I don't know the thickness offhand but they have lasted for hundreds of baits using laquer based paints.  Try setting the cutting speed at 2 with a mat thickness setting of 33 also use the double cut setting.  I hope this helps if you have any questions send me a PM.

Kermit Good

I've been using the silhouette cameo for a while and really like the results. I'm too cheap to use stencil material to cut so I just use construction paper and kinda flex it alongside the bait. If you look at my gallery, you can tell which ones I used stencils on. All of my stenciled baits were painted using a silhouette cut stencil. Hope this helped!