nugene

Heddon Vamp

If you can't find them make them and if you can't cut them out your self buy bigger smooth colorado spinner blades and use snips or saw dremel what ever to get them how you want them... you wouldn't have to pin it or screw it to the face of the lure you could slot it in I think dieter might have made some of these lures in his videos not sure thou... the only caution I can say is if you use a spinner blade it may rust on you some day... the other option would be to use brass which is easy to cut and can be had at most local hardware stores. 

If you can't find them make them and if you can't cut them out your self buy bigger smooth colorado spinner blades and use snips or saw dremel what ever to get them how you want them... you wouldn't have to pin it or screw it to the face of the lure you could slot it in I think dieter might have made some of these lures in his videos not sure thou... the only caution I can say is if you use a spinner blade it may rust on you some day... the other option would be to use brass which is easy to cut and can be had at most local hardware stores. 

THANKS GRIFFOND I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT THAT...................NUGENE

I think I would go with a indiana or colorado blade put into a slot. That said, Dick Moore has a stainless lip that would be close. On page 24 of his catalog, lip "g". You would have to bend it over a dowel a bit, then snip the back third in half, so you could bend each side up the lure like an original vamp. Do a search for Moores Lures and you'll find his pdf catalog

Clemmy

I think I would go with a indiana or colorado blade put into a slot. That said, Dick Moore has a stainless lip that would be close. On page 24 of his catalog, lip "g". You would have to bend it over a dowel a bit, then snip the back third in half, so you could bend each side up the lure like an original vamp. Do a search for Moores Lures and you'll find his pdf catalog

Clemmy

THANKS CLEMMY.....MR MOORE IS A GREAT GUY AND I'VE HAD SEVERAL ORDERS FROM HIM....HE'S VACATIONING NOW........I TOO THINK A COLORADO BLADE MAYBE COULD BE ADAPTED TO WORK......BUT WAS HOPING TO GET THE REAL THING IF POSSIBLE       THANKS NUGENE

Hello,

Dale at metalworks manufacturing stamps all kinds of lips.  Tell Dale, Captain Tom Megna (Spikes) friend from Michigan sent you.  There are references on this Forum.  Also check there website.  Hope this helps.

Tight Lines

Captain Tom Megna

STRICTLY FISHIN', Charters Rods Lures & Flies L.L.C.

Hello,

Dale at metalworks manufacturing stamps all kinds of lips.  Tell Dale, Captain Tom Megna (Spikes) friend from Michigan sent you.  There are references on this Forum.  Also check there website.  Hope this helps.

Tight Lines

Captain Tom Megna

Hello,

Tight Lines

Captain Tom Megna

thank u very much sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nugene

TOM.....I HAVE FOUND 5 OR 6 METAL WORKS MFG AND NONE OF NONE OF THEM KNOW DALE.......WOULD U KNOW THE NUMBER I CAN CALL.......THANKS NUGENE

There are so many CNC shops out there making aluminum molds for worm pourers, you would think one of them would offer punch and dies for aluminum lips and hardware. I know there it's not the same thing, but a lot of those guys make there own tools. You would think they would the capability.

THAT'S A GREAT FIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT IT ONLY CUTS COMPLETE CIRCLES.......THANKS NUGENE

DALE OWNS

METALWORKS STAMPING CORPORATION

430 WRIGHT STREET

LYNDON STATION, WI.  53944

PHONE:  608-666-2900

HOPE THIS HELPS

TOM M.

DALE OWNS

METALWORKS STAMPING CORPORATION

430 WRIGHT STREET

LYNDON STATION, WI.  53944

PHONE:  608-666-2900

HOPE THIS HELPS

TOM M.

THANKS TOM....I,LL TRY HIM NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NUGENE

THAT'S A GREAT FIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT IT ONLY CUTS COMPLETE CIRCLES.......THANKS NUGENE

THANKS TOM....I,LL TRY HIM NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NUGENE

TOM.....TALKED WITH DALE ( VERY HELPFUL) BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE THAT DYE.....................THANKS AGAIN AND I'LL KEEP LOOKING.......NUGENE