mark poulson

Mustad Swing Jig Heads

Mark,

That is the first time I have heard of this. JMO, but if that is the case, I believe it will be some kind of snap, and if so it will make the connection weaker and/or cause more debris to catch on it. Only time will tell once it is released. Do you have any pics of this?

Ted,

I saw KVD on TV about a month ago, and he mentioned them.  I think it was during an infomercial for a rage something-or-other.

I looked for the link, but couldn't find it.

I think it must have a wire twist like the Mustad Fastach Clip:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Mustad_KVD_Fastach_Clip_12pk/descpage-KVFC.html

Edited by mark poulson

KVD was using it along with the Rage Bug at Table Rock Lake, they say the swing jig like the Biffle Hard Head are great when it is flat calm. That said, yes, Mark is correct, it is the Mustad Fastach and it is nice because it allows quick change of hook sizes but I don't like it and for different reasons. When I use a swing jig I'm using a certain size head and plastic combination, I have yet to use a larger plastic on a smaller head or a smaller plastic on a larger head. While it is more versatile it also has a weak area which Cadman alluded to.

While I don't fish bass and dont see myself using these Biffle style heads I can see the merit in using the fastach clips on swing hook jigs. I do have a few molds with the free swinging hook option for my saltwater jigs.

I wonder if the fastach will fit in the Do-it mold?

Just another option I guess especially for those of us who make our own tackle.