jmac13

What Type Of Plastisol Do You Recommend?

I am new to pouring soft plastic baits! What is your guys favorite brand of plastisol? I was going to go ahead and buy doitmolds/caney creeks new plastisol or the lure works brand found on spike-its website. Have you guys tried either?

Thanks,

Justin

You will get a lot of opinions on this subject..lol. You can call and get samples from companies and then you will be able to find out which one best fits your needs. I personally like lureworks plastisol, one for the price and I use the med/soft pourasol which give my baits the action I'm looking for. They have a tech dept. that will help you as well. Good luck...

Also a newby... I went with spike-it/lureworks pourasol soft... It's SUPER soft and SUPER ez to pour!.... Only problem I've noticed, and maybe someone on here can tell me why..?.. When I heat it, it turns crystal clear in the bottom of the cup, but appears to be all air bubbles in the top of the cup...??... Air bubbles don't affect (or even show up in) the baits.. And looks fine when I add colors.... I currently don't have a thermometer, so could be a temp issue...???

Also a newby... I went with spike-it/lureworks pourasol soft... It's SUPER soft and SUPER ez to pour!.... Only problem I've noticed, and maybe someone on here can tell me why..?.. When I heat it, it turns crystal clear in the bottom of the cup, but appears to be all air bubbles in the top of the cup...??... Air bubbles don't affect (or even show up in) the baits.. And looks fine when I add colors.... I currently don't have a thermometer, so could be a temp issue...???

Bubbles in your plastisol have been discussed many times on the TU format. Heating too quickly-and/ for lengthy time frames w/out stirring can cause this when heated in a microwave Some plastisols have more moisture in them causing more of a bubbling problem.

started out with m-f plastic.. was   good but was alittle smokey... then i  had do its plastic.. no problems..pricey  though.. i just bought some of spike its plastic.. didnt get to try it out yet... almost everyones plastic is good. i really like plastic in boxes.. no jugs to horde

Thank you guys! I think for the price im gunna try lureworks first. Through research and your reviews it sound like its a good product. Also I will be able to get their colorant which I have read through the forums people seem to like a lot more than x2 as well. X2 is pricey and seems that its way to thick for most peoples liking?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I also have tried several different plastisol,s and tried to save a little money going with the cheaper brands, but I found the cheap stuff to be trouble and a lot of throw back baits because of air getting in the baits and you will get more bubbles if you microwave, I even had to skim the top of the plastisol to get what seemed to be slurry or something out of the plastic before i could pour. So one day I was on lurecraft.com and they say to compare their plastisol to any other brand so I did and have been completely satisfied, very few bubbles even though I microwave. I payed a few more bucks but got a top of the line product, not to mention it is phythlate free and environmentally safe and probably safer for me as well.

I am green as grass on this subject, so as with many newbies, I could use some help from some experienced people to be open to share. I was intrigued by the thought of getting samples from some suppliers. I assume that by a sample they would supply pieces to feel the different soft to hard mixes of their product. Am I correct? Do you find that most offer this service or is it pretty rare. I have a restricted income so I can't afford to keep trying different plastisol to find the right hardness. Any ideas? Are there any here that might be willing to send me a scrap of one of their pours and the company they use. I'd be willing to pay for the postage . . . I assume would be the same as mailing a letter. What do you say?anyone out there wanna help an old man out? Thanks in advance, Roger

I've used lureworks, calhouns & baitplastics. I'm using baitplastics right now, but  i'd say lureworks medium  in the box is my  favorite all the way around. Baitplastics medium is a little soft for me on some baits so i add some hard to it & it does great. I just realized a 2014 thread was revived. :whistle:

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1