Brandlercustoms

Holographic Bait Help

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this topic yet, I looked but didn't see anything. Anyways, I just order my first couple of holographic baits. I'm using house of kolor urethane paints. When Painting a holo do you need to use a transparent paint? Or will any paint do? Such as pearls, Metallics and opaque?

Thanks Guys,

Brad

Brad! 

The pearls and metalics may be ok. But I wouldn't use opaques unless it was on the belly or back as they will cover the holographics completely. The pearls and metalics may have enough transparency to them but not sure. If it were me I would stick with transparent completely for holo's.

Just my 2  :twocents:

Royce

Edited by rhersh

I would do test with a fog coat, to see how those paints look thinly applied.  If you have to thin them to make them "transparent', use their reducer, so you don't lose film strength.

If you clean the baits by dipping them quickly in clean acetone, you won't need a primer, but you have to be quick, so you don't remove the holographic film.

Good luck, and post your results in the Hard Baits Gallery.

Edited by mark poulson

I would do test with a fog coat, to see how those paints look thinly applied.  If you have to thin them to make them "transparent', use their reducer, so you don't lose film strength.

If you clean the baits by dipping them quickly in clean acetone, you won't need a primer, but you have to be quick, so you don't remove the holographic film.

Good luck, and post your results in the Hard Baits Gallery.

X2