Hey Guys,

This is just an idea.

Why don't we have a thread in the hard bait section Just for reference photos? I think it would be an awesome idea to have everyone on the forms post there own reference photos, including pictures you have taken of fish you have caught. I think it would be cool to have a bunch of different photos of different fish from different places. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Brad  

It could be beneficial but would need some serious moderation to keep it relevant.  No posts/replies should be allowed.  Just a photo with a brief description of what it to show.  Probably be best if a small group received photos and selected the best representations.  You will have guys posting tons of bad photos that really don't aid in regards to reference photos.

As it stands now you can post photos in the Hard Bait section if they are relevant to the question being asked or to the answer being given. There is also a designated section in the Gallery to post pictures of your catch. If you started a new subsection in the Hard Bait section I'm thinking it would end up causing more confusion than what it would help. As it is now when someone asks a question about a problem, and they post photos of that problem, the photos stay relevant to the question asked and can be found at a later date by using words or phrases in the search function. I'm not convinced that just posting pictures without being able to reply would do anything to make finding an answer to something easier.

Another thing this would do is having to rewrite software code and this means downtime as well as getting any "bugs" out of the software. As smooth as TU has been running after so many "updates" and software changes not all that long ago I would hate to have to go through all that again.

If anyone doesn't know what is allowed as far as posting pictures in the forums all you have to do is read the rules or ask someone. If you don't know how to post pictures in the forum then again all you have to do is ask. Really and truly what is being asked for already exists. Just maybe not exactly where some would like it to be.

just my :twocents:

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

I was thinking more about a pictorial encyclopedia of things.  A good picture of cold cracks, what a split vein should look like, a crank bait with all the parts labeled, etc...  No post or comments from anyone just one sticky thread with high quality informative pictures labeled or small description of what is being shown. 

Proper grain direction for cutting cranks, tricks of the trade etc....

A lot of the stuff can be found but lets be honest few spend the time to really search threads for any information.  It all being one place could be useful if managed/edited properly. Very likely best be done by a small group to truly select good quality information.

I was thinking more about a pictorial encyclopedia of things.  A good picture of cold cracks, what a split vein should look like, a crank bait with all the parts labeled, etc...  No post or comments from anyone just one sticky thread with high quality informative pictures labeled or small description of what is being shown. 

Proper grain direction for cutting cranks, tricks of the trade etc....

A lot of the stuff can be found but lets be honest few spend the time to really search threads for any information.  It all being one place could be useful if managed/edited properly. Very likely best be done by a small group to truly select good quality information.

Hadn't really thought of it like that Travis. And your right about a lot of people not wanting to go to the trouble of looking anything up in the archives. There will always be those who come here to get a few questions answered and are then never heard from again, but there's not much anyone can do about that. I'm all for anything that advances knowledge or makes it easier to find. Maybe the best thing would be for Brandler to make a proposal to Curt and if he thought it was worthy of support it could be added into any site updates in the future.

Brandler I wasn't trying to cut your idea off at the knees. It could very well be worthy of more consideration. My opinion and a $1.50 might get you a cup of coffee. Like I told Travis you might want to see what Curt thinks about it and he might even consider polling the members to see what they think.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy