darkangel

I'm Blind! My Eyes Fell Off!

LOL, a lot of commercial bait companies, including Rapala, could use some of this advice.  A lot of their baits are one eyes that I have bought in the last couple of years.

When I make my own hard baits, I clear coat the entire bait.  I put the eyes on first using superglue, then I clear coat over them in the process.  I use SolarRez, or Etec, or Devcon 2 Ton, or some Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast.  Any clear coat that I use seems to protect the eyes and I have never had any of mine come off.

Now, for my soft baits, I heat up some clear plastisol and dip just the head into the mix.  Additionally, I add a bit of heat stabilizer and softener so that it does not yellow and it is thinner.

Edited by Anglinarcher

Rub the activator on the plastic. Put a drop of glue on the lure and stick the eye on. The activator is like a marker tip that you just rub on. I don't sell swimbait so I just use this glue. The lure gets torn up way before the eyes fall off. It only costs 3$ at home depot. I don't believe Lowes sells it.

Edited by nedyarb