Art Brush

Water slide decal tests

I am new here and I am really enjoying all the tips and tricks of the trade. I am new to lure making and really find the decal work very impressive. I was wondering if anyone has tried the decals on jigging spoons made out of lead painted with white vinyl paint. If nobody has does it sound like it may work using the decals for gills and small fins the surface is so flat and smooth sounds like it could work great if it can adhere to that kind of surface. Any responses would be more than appreciated. :D

Hey Champb,

Welcome to TU. Browse and use the search feature :) often, you will find alot of great lure research in the archives. Forum members here are friendly and can usually help you with any problem.

Yes decals will adhere to spinners, spoons, flat jig... gianormous halibut jigs. They need to be sealed with a topcoat to keep them from coming off. Dick Nite might have a topcoat product just for spoons. You might need to lightly sand the paint to get a good epoxy bond.

Post pictures if you decide to give it a try.

Tight lines,

Shawn