mdojet

I Made In-Fisherman Magazine!

"That's awesome! Get ready for emails with lots of orders!"

"Never to fish again as orders will be flooding you now. So sit back and watch the $$ roll in and fishing time stand still."

I made the FLW outdoors magazine in Feb. of 2007. I was put in there again with several other guys off of this site in May of 2007. Everyone told me the same thing. All I got was a bunch of inquiries from folks wanting me to make their ideas into a reality and to paint baits for them. One guy offered me a whopping $35.00 to turn his ideas into a prototype lure.  Another guy had over 30 Poes 400s he wanted painted. When I gave him a price of $10 per bait he had a fit. If Hughes, Sellers, or Prior was doing the painting it would be $15 - $20 bucks apiece to have them done. But this clown thought $2.50 to $3.00 a bait was fair because he was doing the stripping. I don't believe that many of the other guys made much money as a result of the article either. Few people are willing to pay a fair price for custom work.

I congratulate you on making the magazine. It is not an easy thing to do. You do beautiful work. I hope it all turns out well for you.

Skeeter